Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Infected Hex without Escalation Mobs

Yrme
The hex NE of Blackwood Glade, according to the minimap, is at 29.5% strength for a goblin raid. There are no charred goblins in the hex. There are quest locations (pickle stashes) but the mobs are all common woodland mobs like bandits.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
We experienced a similar black-snake infestation the other day. Ryan's advice to the bug report was to kills some stuff to make more room for event-related mobs to spawn. The event did kick in eventually, I think the next day. You might check again after server up.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bob
We've had sporadic reports of similar issues, but I haven't managed to actually check out one of these hexes in person. If anyone sees one like this, please try whispering to me in game: "/w goblinworks bob, You there?" There's a pretty good chance I'll be either off-line or AFK, but if I'm around, I'll teleport to you and take a look around.
Bob
Ryan is correct, there's a good chance that the generic mobs are hangovers from before the hex got infected, which would get replaced with escalation mobs each time an encounter is killed off. However, you should never see an event encounter that's populated with generic mobs, so that would be a clear sign something is wrong.
KarlBob
In the Black Snake hex, the event encounters (Scouts and Escapees) were populated with the appropriate Black Snake opponents. The non-event groups were ordinary bandits, wolves, goblins and ogres.

Note: The strength of the escalation seemed frozen at about 1,150 points. Killing Scouts and Escapees had no effect on the escalation strength, even after 30 minutes.
Bob
KarlBob
In the Black Snake hex, the event encounters (Scouts and Escapees) were populated with the appropriate Black Snake opponents. The non-event groups were ordinary bandits, wolves, goblins and ogres.

This is fairly common if the hex was recently infected. The encounters that already had default mobs in them sometimes remain populated until they've either been killed or until a significant amount of time has passed since the last time a player came near them. The event encounters don't get populated until after the hex is infected, so they should always have the proper escalation mobs.

KarlBob
Note: The strength of the escalation seemed frozen at about 1,150 points. Killing Scouts and Escapees had no effect on the escalation strength, even after 30 minutes.

Killing Scouts and Escapees won't change the strength unless you kill enough of them to finish their respective events in time. If you finish the events, you should see a decent drop, unless the hex was reinforced enough on the hour to wipe out your gains.
KarlBob
Okay, that explains why the strength seemed "stuck". Thanks, Bob.
Garric Orcsbane
Hex 3,-3 Has a Stone Claw infection, 4,-2 had one. I was able to clear that one then completed the Stone Claw recruits event that had already spawned. After it cleared the event forces of Stone Claw Recruits were still there but they were each joined by a pair of red Ogres.
Edam
I completed some of the Goblin Raid Pickle Stash in the hex that Yrme refers to. The pickle stash mobs were definitely generic not escalation and killing them did not change the escalation level. I was however able to click on the Pickles and the quest counter ticked up with each pickle, but the server reset before I had time to collect enough to complete the quest and see if that changed the escalation level.
Smeltbane
The hex one north of Keeper's Pass has this issue, but with Ogres spawning instead of goblins. Pickle Jars are surrounded by Ogres, including Brutes and Shaman. Butchers are spawning in groups with Ogres as well instead of other goblins.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post