Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Rynnik's Write-Up of PFO

Aeryx
It really was a great comment when I read it, but this is the kind of content we need in public forums like Reddit. I'm glad someone recognized it: http://www.geekspeaker.com/?p=1291

Good going, sir.
Ryan Dancey
Yeah it was a great post!
Rynnik
Thanks.

I realize this probably makes me an awful person but the inability of people like Andius to let this game go (as indicated by his comment on that site) is probably a decent indication, for me, that PFO has good hooks and will keep people thinking and talking about it even if they have decided it isn't ready for THEM to play at this point. And that will breed success long term, imo.

I just wish people would stop telling me it isn't far enough along for ME to play right now because I keep having all this fun when I log in.

People seem to take their video games and their entertainment dollars insanely seriously.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
People seem to take their video games and their entertainment dollars insanely seriously.

I don't know about you, but I put money into more than one game. Any money I put into PFO could have gone into something else, that may or may not bring me more entertainment value, so to me it is an important decision. I don't have unlimited money to go around, and at some point my wife will wonder what all the various credit card charges are for each month.

I doubt my situation is unique, so please try to avoid sounding condescending.
Rynnik
Doc

I don't know about you, but I put money into more than one game. Any money I put into PFO could have gone into something else, that may or may not bring me more entertainment value, so to me it is an important decision. I don't have unlimited money to go around, and at some point my wife will wonder what all the various credit card charges are for each month.

I doubt my situation is unique, so please try to avoid sounding condescending.

It isn't condescending, Doc, to point out that maybe I don't have those considerations to make and expect the common courtesy from you to perhaps be able to assume that you don't have to project your life situation onto me.

So you want to count pennies on 'entertainment value'? Fine, do it. Go spend all your money on something else, I couldn't care less. Try and tell me how to spend MY entertainment bucks though I react in almost the exact same way as you do and I will find your posts to be rude or even condescending.

Walk away if you want to walk, but don't come into a thread about ME being e-famous and shit it up with a theme you have spammed in a dozen other threads already.
Doc
It isn't condescending, Doc, to point out that maybe I don't have those considerations to make and expect the common courtesy from you to perhaps be able to assume that you don't have to project your life situation onto me.

So you want to count pennies on 'entertainment value'? Fine, do it. Go spend all your money on something else, I couldn't care less. Try and tell me how to spend MY entertainment bucks though I react in almost the exact same way as you do and I will find your posts to be rude or even condescending.

Walk away if you want to walk, but don't come into a thread about ME being e-famous and shit it up with a theme you have spammed in a dozen other threads already.

Where have I told you how to spend your entertainment money? Where has anybody for that matter?

You making light of spending money, and suggesting that others have problems with their personality for being conscious of how they spend their money, is condescending. It also suggests that we as customers are out of place for voicing concerns with the game by voting with our money, a fundamental aspect of a free market.

I know you want to help the game, as do I, but being a dick to people who are trying to help get it sorted, or are on the fence about supporting it, is not helpful.
Rynnik
Doc
Where have I told you how to spend your entertainment money? Where has anybody for that matter?

You making light of spending money, and suggesting that others have problems with their personality for being conscious of how they spend their money, is condescending. It also suggests that we as customers are out of place for voicing concerns with the game by voting with our money, a fundamental aspect of a free market.

I know you want to help the game, as do I, but being a dick to people who are trying to help get it sorted, or are on the fence about supporting it, is not helpful.

I am not trying to be a dick any more then you are.

At the end of the day I can choose to read all your disparaging posts personally about being dumb for paying $15 a month or falling for marketing schemes or whatever. You can choose to be insulted by what I said above where I had no intent of making a reflection on your personality.

Go read what I wrote on reddit. I was extremely critical of the game. I was also frank about what appeals to me. For me, personally, as my own opinion, the math is really easy that the game is 100% worth the $30 bucks a month I put into it for two accounts, I frequently consider spending more because I am interested in supporting it with my 'wallet vote'. It may not be for you, but moving the conversation farther along that path will probably only lead to hurt feelings.

There is nothing wrong with deciding you aren't the target audience for PFO and moving along. The line is pretty thin where you can cross from talking about what drives you away to being condescending to the community that is the target audience and does want to support and finance the game.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I disagree that Doc has been particularly disparaging, but think that everyone would benefit if we all stopped using the word "dumb" to describe decisions with which we don't agree. Decisions are personal things, and are rarely dumb, just based on different priories. Perhaps you two would consider reassessing exactly what you disagree about and the best way of getting that across?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Daeglin
Giving a balanced portrayal of both your good and bad impressions of the game is the best way to inform people about the game. The game will sell itself to a certain sort of person; trying to make it out as something its not won't work. Good job Rynnik.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Edam
Arguing over whether the game is "worth" $15 given peoples income variations is ludicrous.

- That $15 for me is what I earn in 20 minutes at work (I could afford multiple accounts but would not have time to play them, the other accounts would end up crafting alts, I did however buy a small holding).

- For my uni student flatmate it would probably be her entire spending money for the fortnight after paying rent and bills.

- For my school age nephew it would equal his entire months pocket money.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post