Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

MMORPG.com has started their review!

Ryan Dancey
The MMORPG team has begun working on a review of the game!

This was the part I liked the best:

"I’ll be digging into more of Pathfinder’s Early Enrollment over the coming couple of weeks. On paper, I love everything that Goblinworks is trying to do, even down to their decision to stick with an open PVP ruleset. The potential for Pathfinder is strong, but there’s no telling yet if the game will ever meet its designers’ lofty expectations."
Mbando
I thought that was the review at first, rather than notes.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Nihimon
I wish he'd plugged Crowdforging a bit.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tyncale
As far as I am concerned, that could be the whole review. It's how I would describe the game. smile As long as they are not wading into the territory of "fail-predictions" then this shouldn't be so bad.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Bunibuni
LOFTY!!
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyncale
As far as I am concerned, that could be the whole review.
He hasn't gone into the crafting at all yet.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
I was talking about the sentence that Ryan quoted. smile I am still not sure if this game can be pulled off.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tink says Stab
Nihimon
I wish he'd plugged Crowdforging a bit.

To be fair, a lot of the crowdforging that goes above and beyond what other games this early in development have done, hasn't really happened yet. The majority of the crowdforging that we have done has been balance changes. Now, if the developers continue on with their proposed plans, then I agree that it will be something to trumpet about. Until then, is is a promise that a lot of other developers have made, and not something to boast about.

It isn't as if crowdforging (crowdsourcing in previous parlance) is a particularly new idea in game development.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
New Guy
The mods there are horrendous and have deleted many pro-PFO posts. I have gotten 2 warnings in 3 days.
Ryan Dancey
I'll say that the difference between getting "the voice of the customer" into the loop at Goblinworks is different than anything I ever saw at CCP.

In every meeting we are constantly talking about your feedback and quoting posts and anecdotes at each other. Lisa compiles notes on all the Fireside chats and relays that info to the staff.

It may be hard to see because there hasn't been some massive game system that we scrapped and redid due to Crowdforging, but the Crowdforging input is a substantial component of virtually everything in the game today.

One really simple example: We redid all the Elf faces because of Crowdforging input. There are probably a hundred examples of things like that which have occurred….

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post