Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Settlements

Krisusmc
First i would like to say that the Game and current visuals is great.
Though the individual settlements look all the same,
a bit of customization to color scheme due to faction would be a cool touch.
though that should be up to the leadership of the settlements
"living La Vida Dorka"
Kitsune
Krisusmc

"Coming soon." Settlements are all currently just cookie-cutter templates and more-or-less placeholders for the settlements that we'll be building ourselves, from the ground-up. So, you'll see some variation in the settlements in the next few months when that happens.

As for colors, not sure when that'll happen, but I'm sure it'll be crowdforged sometime later. Likely much later, because currently, the Dev team is favoring function over fashion.
Edam
Kitsune
Krisusmc

"Coming soon." Settlements are all currently just cookie-cutter templates and more-or-less placeholders for the settlements that we'll be building ourselves, from the ground-up. So, you'll see some variation in the settlements in the next few months when that happens.

As for colors, not sure when that'll happen, but I'm sure it'll be crowdforged sometime later. Likely much later, because currently, the Dev team is favoring function over fashion.

True - though adding some customisable banners like we already have on holdings to the settlement buildings and maybe changing tent colors would be nice and maybe not to expense on programming time.
Tyncale
Kitsune
Krisusmc

I am wondering how less cookiecutter that will look. Will the different Training and Support buildings still have their fixed place in a Settlement template? So that the only difference is that where once stood a building, is now an empty spot? Or can you put A Skirmisher Trainings building on several different spots that allow for the size?

I agree that this is a feature that can be heavily iterated on. I hope to see different building themes at some point (Barbarian, Eastern and so forth), this could be a combination of new in-game crafted buildings and Cash shop "skins" since they would be purely cosmetic.

Also other props like fountains, a wheelbarrow, Festival poles, a huge table for outdoor feasts, that sort of thing.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Edam
Tyncale
I agree that this is a feature that can be heavily iterated on. I hope to see different building themes at some point (Barbarian, Eastern and so forth), this could be a combination of new in-game crafted buildings and Cash shop "skins" since they would be purely cosmetic.

Also other props like fountains, a wheelbarrow, Festival poles, a huge table for outdoor feasts, that sort of thing.

I would pay money for some of this sort of decorative stuff if the price was not stupidly high.
Kitsune
Tyncale
I am wondering how less cookiecutter that will look. Will the different Training and Support buildings still have their fixed place in a Settlement template? So that the only difference is that where once stood a building, is now an empty spot? Or can you put A Skirmisher Trainings building on several different spots that allow for the size?

Very good question! Can any of the Devs please chime-in on this? Last I heard, the plan was to have so-many "large" plots, so-many "medium" plots, and so-on. Different trainers would take different size plots of land, and it would be up to settlement leadership as to what goes where.

Is this still the plan, or will we not see this flexibility in the first iteration of settlement-building?

Edam
Tyncale

I would pay money for some of this sort of decorative stuff if the price was not stupidly high.

Agreed. I think many people would definitely pay USD for things like this.
Ryan Dancey
The plan is that you'll have some control over where the buildings are situated. I don't know if that will be in the first iteration of the "you build your own Settlement" feature though.
Tyncale
I would love it that at some point in the very far future, one can actually make truly custom layouts, with the ability to place stone fences, wooden railings, cobblestone paths and so forth. Place a central square where you want, that sort of thing. Then spice it up with the props I mention above. All within the boundaries of the settlement-lot off course but for the rest pretty much total control. You'd see all sorts of variation, from cosy hamlets to military-style towns with the buildings lined up straight. Different themes too…..maybe a few goats and chicks walking about…

Yes, in the very far, succesful future. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Edam
Ryan Dancey
The plan is that you'll have some control over where the buildings are situated. I don't know if that will be in the first iteration of the "you build your own Settlement" feature though.

Even if they are located in the default spot some option to change banner/awning colors or in any way customize the look of your settlement at all would be welcome. It mist be a trifle disappointing for new players to go to a PC town expecting something impressive and find its identical to Marchmont but has less buildings.
Gromzok
Edam
Kitsune
Krisusmc

True - though adding some customisable banners like we already have on holdings to the settlement buildings and maybe changing tent colors would be nice and maybe not to expense on programming time.
I love this idea and it would be cool if you could design your settlement insignia for banners and tents and also for capes when they are finally implemented smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post