Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

F2P?

Edam
Nihimon
Dreamslinger
I seem to remember reading something about the game eventually droping the subscription to play but with training requiring a subscription…

Very early on, Ryan talked about how their thoughts on Free-to-Play were "evolving". At that time (a couple of years ago), he acknowledged that they would "have to" have a Free Trial, but were not likely to let you play without at least having one character on the account training XP.

Yep, my impression was any F2P option would be similar to the EVE system of PLEX where you in effect pay for your sub by trading in-game gold with another player for playtime credits.
Rynnik
Edam
Nihimon
Dreamslinger
I seem to remember reading something about the game eventually droping the subscription to play but with training requiring a subscription…

Very early on, Ryan talked about how their thoughts on Free-to-Play were "evolving". At that time (a couple of years ago), he acknowledged that they would "have to" have a Free Trial, but were not likely to let you play without at least having one character on the account training XP.

Yep, my impression was any F2P option would be similar to the EVE system of PLEX where you in effect pay for your sub by trading in-game gold with another player for playtime credits.

I love the EVE system of PLEX. It is really clever since while it 'allows players to play for free' all you are really doing is getting someone to pay your sub for you. For the company it is a subscription fee pure and simple. I'd be really happy to see PFO move that way as well.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Edam
Rynnik
Edam
Nihimon
Dreamslinger

I love the EVE system of PLEX. It is really clever since while it 'allows players to play for free' all you are really doing is getting someone to pay your sub for you. For the company it is a subscription fee pure and simple. I'd be really happy to see PFO move that way as well.

The other advantage is it removes much of the incentive for organised large scale RMT. People wanting game gold can buy game time credit and legitimately trade in game directly with other players rather than buying it off some dodgy 3rd world EBAY shop that employs kids to grind instances all day and risk getting their account banned for breaking the EULA.
Nightdrifter
+1 for goblin balls

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post