Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

"Train" Button

Dazyk of Phaeros
I found myself, several times, buying Feats that I did not actually want, because the feat I was buying suddenly disappeared from the available feats list.

Case in point: when buying Hit Point feats multiple times, I would simply fast click Hit Points Train; then, when I no longer met the pre-reqs, Hit Points disappears from the list, but because of latency I have already clicked "Train" and inadvertently buy the Feat that has been bumped up into Hit Points place on the list.

I know this isn't a huge deal, but it still did concern me a tad; I know many people will just say: "don't click train so fast," and yes, that is valid. However, perhaps a quick pop up "Are you sure?" button would be good here.

At low levels and xp costs it really is not a deal-breaker, but I can see it becoming very aggravating at higher xp levels. Imagine you've waited two weeks for the xp you need for your next role level, only to accidentally spend it on something else when you click "Train" instead of the scroll button in the feats list. I'm pretty sure much anger would ensue.

Anyway, not sure if anyone else noticed this or not.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Valkenr
Patience young padiwan, click spam leads to the dark-side.
Valkenr
And I have no idea how I ended up with divine attack bonus…
Wyspr
While I've not had an issue with training the wrong thing due to fast clicking, I have also thought that a confirmation would be a good idea for the reason you pointed out. There are some skills that are upward of 50k XP, I'd hate to accidentally purchase the wrong one due to miss clicking.

On a side note I regularly have to edit posts because my phone corrects words that don't need it… ugh.
shhh…
Kitsune
I completely agree. I did nearly the exact same thing, but Stealth or Power (can't remember which). Thankfully the one that bumped into its place was only 40XP, but still… I can see countless tickets in the future of "Clicked wrong one. I can haz XP bak?"

While we are racing through the feats right now due to the massive XP gain, a confirmation box would actually be somewhat annoying, but it would be far LESS annoying than accidentally clicking the wrong one.

On such a dialogue/warning box, I highly recommend adding the feat name & the XP cost. e.g.:

Stealth 1 …………………………………….. 40 XP
XP Remaining after training:. … 999960 XP
Are you sure you wish to train this feat?
[Yes] [No]
Nihimon
Dazyk
I found myself, several times, buying Feats that I did not actually want, because the feat I was buying suddenly disappeared from the available feats list…

Anyway, not sure if anyone else noticed this or not.

Ideascale - Slight delay after clicking Train
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Wyspr
I noticed the delay in this build, it may be due to the recent influx of players increasing the server load on little Zog, hail Zog.
shhh…
Nihimon
Hail Zog.

The Ideascale link is actually asking for a delay to be put in to avoid accidentally buying something you don't want with a stray double-click. I've done that a number of times, on a number of different builds.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ryan Dancey
This is a good suggestion.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Wood! I get a gold star from RD!

smile
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post