Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Freeholder Maneuvers

Giorgio
Using the Goblinary.com, how do I go about determining what freeholder maneuvers to slot (I have x2 Experts Holdout Weapon +2) for the following weapons:

Battleaxe
Longbow

Help appreciated, as I don't understand how to match the keywords on this.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Rynnik
Expendables don't match keywords with weapons. It is the role features you need to compare to the freeholder maneuvers.

That is consistent across all the roles in the game.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Edam
Yep what Rynnik said.

The holdout weapon is for people that slot role features like "Passionate in the Workshop" and need expendables that match.
Khanar
Are the expendables for holdout weapons in game yet?
Edam
Holdout and Toolkit expendables do seem to be dropping.
Jokken
Khanar
Are the expendables for holdout weapons in game yet?

Yes, they now drop like all other expendables.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Giorgio
I still don't understand. If I have "Invested with Secrets 5" slotted, and using x2 Experts Holdout Weapon +2, and expendables that match the role, it doesn't matter what weapons I have equipped?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Rynnik
Giorgio
I still don't understand. If I have "Invested with Secrets 5" slotted, and using x2 Experts Holdout Weapon +2, and expendables that match the role, it doesn't matter what weapons I have equipped?
That is correct and also the same for every other role in the game.
Edam
Giorgio

Yep

No different to a fighter with a Bow and Longsword who also equips a T2 Holy Symbol and level 4/5 cleric expendables for buffs. He needs to slot a Cleric Domain to get the keywords to make the expendables work better but the Bow and Sword attacks get their keywords from the Bow and Sword equipped.

The tricky bit is the fighter COULD slot a fighter feature like Bow specialization and get improved ranged attacks but the improvement is from the feature itself not keywords. The downside of him doing that is the feature keywords would match Trophy Charm expendables not his Holy Symbol expendables.

Simple rule - attack keywords match keywords on weapon itself. Expendable keywords match keywords from feature slot.
Rynnik
Exactly as Edam says. Keep this in mind as well:

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/2626/

You could potentially get a couple matches on your holdout expendables off a rogue feature or something.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post