Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Terra Firma vault access

MidknightDiamond
It'd be a risk not deploying it to the Test Server and sending it straight to the Live Server from theirs… but I think it'd be worth it. That would make for several days of some pretty fun times; yes, even with durability and inventory loss. It'd be a great surprise. "Stuff" can always be replaced, the good times had while losing stuff make it all worth it.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Kitsune
MidknightDiamond
"Stuff" can always be replaced, the good times had while losing stuff make it all worth it.

Yeah, but players are a harder resource to replace. If a patch went poorly on the Live Server, they risk losing some "on-the-fence" players. Not to mention, the last time they tried rolling back a patch on the live server, it had some nasty side-effects (although, I think they learned some good lessons from that, so maybe in the future it wouldn't be so bad?).
MidknightDiamond
Hence why I said it'd be a risk… I still think it'd be one worth taking.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The risk on Friday (and for the rest of this weekend) would have been heightened by the downsides of having placed a bad version on the live server just at the start of PaizoCon. I doubt that many people would agree that is worth taking.

This way, they have a dual opportunity. They can show stable code on the Pharasma (live) server, and for the bleeding edge folk they can give them access to Zog (Test) with the understanding that it is a test server. There, they can also do things like hand them test characters with a few thousand XP or that have been pre-made, with a variety of equipment, without messing up the economy on Pharasma.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post