Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hooking players on PFO

Tyncale
Rynnik
Tyncale
It takes 88 days of XP to max a single armor-feat. I want to highlight the fact that the returns of a particular armorfeat are actually not diminishing either, they are on a linear scale, so it's not really only an option for the hardcore min-maxer: most people will want to take that feat to level 14 since the returns are still tangible.

Armour feats are nowhere near a linear scale of returns. You get your last keyword match at level 10. Beyond that you get increased gear flexibility in how you can match those keywords and a slight bump to the passive but you have to be nuts or laser focused to go past level 10. Working as intended imo.
Wow, good point, I stand corrected. Getting it to level 10 indeed only takes 19 days. Matching the correct keywords would indeed be the biggest goal for this feat, the final 4 levels are only the passives and some extra keywords for flexibility.

Ok, maybe it's not so bad. smile

Still too long between pellets though. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Nihimon
Rynnik
Armour feats are nowhere near a linear scale of returns. You get your last keyword match at level 10. Beyond that you get increased gear flexibility in how you can match those keywords and a slight bump to the passive but you have to be nuts or laser focused to go past level 10. Working as intended imo.

I'm not sure how it is for other Roles, but Wizards get their last Keyword match at Rank 12, not Rank 10.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Right now it's really about joining one of the player settlements and working with them to carve out their little corner for the world. Playing solo isn't generally going to be much fun unless you're really into low level crafting/gathering or doing a lot of trading. Eventually there may be more activities that someone could spend their time doing solo, but you'll probably still need to join a settlement to provide you with the requisite training. This game is all about joining and participating with the greater community, if you aren't or don't want to you will miss a lot of what's going on.
Tyncale
Nihimon
Rynnik

I'm not sure how it is for other Roles, but Wizards get their last Keyword match at Rank 12, not Rank 10.

I think what Rynnik meant is that you do indeed get 2 more keywords after level 10, however if you match the feat with precisely the correct armor, you already can make use of the maximum amount of keywords at level 10. Those two extra keywords only allow you to match it up to a few other armors to a max too.

Or is that different for a Wizard? Could be.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyncale
Rynnik, to be nitpicky, I would still want to go for the 5% speedboost: leaving it at 4% would just hurt my Need for Speed too much. So I would need to make it level 12, which is 44 days of XP. However this is still only half of what level 14 would need, so your point still stands. smile

Still too slow though! Don't forget, this game has like a billion interesting skills. And it will only get more. smile
Nihimon
Tyncale
I think what Rynnik meant is that you do indeed get 2 more keywords after level 10, however if you match the feat with precisely the correct armor, you already can make use of the maximum amount of keywords at level 10. Those two extra keywords only allow you to match it up to a few other armors to a max too.

Or is that different for a Wizard? Could be.

Rynnik's point was pretty clear, but it's not true for Wizards.

If you click the link I provided, you'll see that each Rank 12 Keyword is also an Upgrade Keyword on a Tier 3 Clothing Armor.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Nihimon
Rynnik's point was pretty clear, but it's not true for Wizards.

12 instead of 10 actually doesn't change my point at all. smile

That said you are wrong. Eldritch is the Tier 3 keyword for wizards, not agile. You get your third minor at armour rank 8 and then eldritch at 10 to max out T3+3. Just like every other role.

Tyncale
Rynnik, to be nitpicky, I would still want to go for the 5% speedboost: leaving it at 4% would just hurt my Need for Speed too much. So I would need to make it level 12, which is 44 days of XP. However this is still only half of what level 14 would need, so your point still stands. smile

Still too slow though! Don't forget, this game has like a billion interesting skills. And it will only get more. smile

Fair enough! Go for it. Spend some time in the great site which is the Goblinary though and you will see that not all passives are created equal. I personally also highly value speed like you do (and actually believe they should nerf boosts to it in the game).

Definitely a personal preference though as for me it isn't too slow at all.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Smitty
Not to shove this discussion off course anymore than it already is… sorry in advance to aerendhil..
Since discussing wizards..

Transmuter - appears to be the only feature that has + based on keywords for wizards.. ( and it feels like that is broken anyway when I equip it.. I know toughness doesn’t stack with it either) the rest just appear to be + based on the level.
So beyond wearing the robe , what does those keywords match if you aren’t transmutation?

Edit- part 2- sigh just confused at this point .. armor feats and then features..
Rynnik
Smitty
Edit- part 2- sigh just confused at this point .. armor feats and then features..

I've been thinking about teaching a class or two at PFU for a while now. With Sspitfire out of the picture unfortunately (who taught me this stuff right when I first started playing) this may be a great way for me to pick up some slack and pass along a bit of knowledge about it. Keywords may be my first topic.

I'll talk to Hoffman about it and will make sure I cover aspects such as keyword interaction with armour and attacks, features and expendables, utilities and gear slots. You and Nihimon should definitely jump in for a listen if there is still confusion.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I generally only cover where the keyword breakdowns are rank wise and how they mathematically work in my opening class about general mechanics/formulas. I don't really go into them for the role specific ones unless someone asks, would be cool for someone to do a more detailed breakdown of the different keywords and where they come into play. I could add it to my classes, but they already run pretty long without us going into that too much.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post