Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hooking players on PFO

Nihimon
Saiph the Fallen
Any other vets think they should just keep this as an
Alpha and restart the servers on public release?

Hell no!
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Nihimon
I guess it all depends on what you're trying to say.
No fucking shit.

Next time try and join the conversation with some other intent then 'trying to catch Rynnik in an error' and you might have more fun/success.

Thanks for admitting that I was in fact correct though. You always take these big apologies so well once you are backed into a corner like a trapped rat.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Nihimon
lol

u mad bro?
Rynnik
Nihimon
lol

u mad bro?
Totally angry. I mean I had an expectation that you were a reasonable and informed conversationalist, not any sort of character assassinating forum bully, and that poor perception has been horrendously shattered.

I may never recover.
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Rynnik

Umm…Nihimon is right. Wizard armor progression into Tier 3 actually requires a higher training because the +2 word on their T3 armor is swapped to what is normally an 'off type'; Agile is not on the currently known Tier 1 or 2 wizard robes. To hit all the keywords you thus need a higher level of Wizard armor feat. They also get a bonus keyword with Organic which does somewhat offsets this, but it is different from all the other armor feats to my knowledge.

It's possible this isn't intended or they planned on fleshing out more options, but as it currently stands that's the way it appears to be.
Garric Orcsbane
Saiph the Fallen
Any other vets think they should just keep this as an
Alpha and restart the servers on public release? Or am I the minority?

This is not something I would support. We are paying for the XP that we are getting now and taking that away would be a really bad move.
Nihimon
Rynnik
Next time try and join the conversation with some other intent then 'trying to catch Rynnik in an error' and you might have more fun/success.

I'm actually pretty comfortable with the tone of my first post in this conversation. It was not confrontational. It was helpful and informative, with references to sources that supported my statement. I think most people see that pretty clearly.

Rynnik
Thanks for admitting that I was in fact correct though.

I'm starting to doubt your grasp on reality, man.
Saiph the Fallen
I'm not going to harp on the subject, but if you all think new players are going to get into PFO with all us vets and our millions of XP (by the time it actually "releases" ) I think you may be mistaken. Which, btw Duffy does indeed have an impact on the game.

But yeah, probably too late to go back now. Which is why you don't make promises before a game is released.

Anyhow, time will tell.
Rynnik
Duffy Swiftshadow
It's possible this isn't intended or they planned on fleshing out more options, but as it currently stands that's the way it appears to be.
Nihimon is well aware of the unfinished state of T3 gear, Duffy. In fact if I was going to ask someone to dig up the dev post I think I saw stating that there would be more to come, it would be him, not to mention what further class additions will bring to the table. He is just trying to be a jerk like usual. If it was my contention that he was wrong that is throwing you off I could see how you could have missed that I was saying he was wrong about me being wrong.

As Tyncale rightly brought up if you are currently using a speed boosting armour failing to invest the exp to max that out would be pretty insane. I really hope they give speed a hard look in a future balance pass. It is way too important and if it exists on the option you are pursuing it is pretty mandatory to get every bit of it you can.

It all depends on the exact specifics of particular gear/feat combo you are examining - you can't be very specific about overarching statements for every scenario and all the caveats and loopholes are part of what I love about this game. If Hoffman agrees and I do teach the class I will try and be really clear about that.

The system itself and what lines up with what is pretty simple though and understanding is best found in Dazyk's great document. I hope everyone with questions about this stuff starts there.

Saiph the Fallen
I'm not going to harp on the subject, but if you all think new players are going to get into PFO with all us vets and our millions of XP (by the time it actually "releases"smile I think you may be mistaken.
EVE online says you are 100% incorrect.
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nihimon is well aware of the unfinished state of T3 gear, Duffy. In fact if I was going to ask someone to dig up the dev post I think I saw stating that there would be more to come, it would be him. He is just trying to be a jerk like usual. If it was my contention that he was wrong that is throwing you off I could see how you could have missed that I was saying he was wrong about me being wrong.

As Tyncale rightly brought up if you are currently using a speed boosting armour failing to invest the exp to max that out would be pretty insane. I really hope they give speed a hard look in a future balance pass. It is way to important and if it exists on the option you are pursuing it is pretty mandatory to get every bit of it you can.

It all depends on the exact specifics of particular gear/feat combo you are examining - you can't be very specific about overarching statements for every scenario and all the caveats and loopholes are part of what I love about this game. If Hoffman agrees and I do teach the class I will try and be really clear about that.

The system itself and what lines up with what is pretty simple though and understanding is best found in Dazyk's great document. I hope everyone with questions about this stuff starts there.

Saiph the Fallen
I'm not going to harp on the subject, but if you all think new players are going to get into PFO with all us vets and our millions of XP (by the time it actually "releases"smile I think you may be mistaken.
EVE online says you are 100% incorrect.

EVE online did not have early enrollment; incomparable.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post