Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hooking players on PFO

Nihimon
Rynnik
Nihimon is… just trying to be a jerk like usual.

I agree. This was, indeed, my "usual" level of jerkiness.

From my first post:

Nihimon
I'm not sure how it is for other Roles, but Wizards get their last Keyword match at Rank 12, not Rank 10.

From my second post:

Nihimon
Rynnik's point was pretty clear, but it's not true for Wizards.

If you click the link I provided, you'll see that each Rank 12 Keyword is also an Upgrade Keyword on a Tier 3 Clothing Armor.

Them's fightin' words!
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
EVE online did not have early enrollment; incomparable.

You are right. It did a full release as an alpha. 2003 EVE was ROUGH.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen

I'd also bet EVE started with a much larger population than PFO.
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm confused then, I just checked all the other currently known T3 armors, as far as I can tell Wizard stuff is the only one with a progression discrepancy, but they are also the only one with a bonus keyword at +0. Is this a documented mistake or are you assuming it's a mistake? It appears to be an example that contradicts your initial statement, albeit in the realm of currently unreachable T3. But still important to know if you're planning your XP expenditures up to that point.
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen
Rynnik
Saiph the Fallen

I'd also bet EVE started with a much larger population than PFO.
Maybe. PFO may never reach 500k either. Time will tell.

I'll make a personal bet with you regarding the success of the EVE model though with creeping constant growth rather then the boom and bust 'typical' MMO launch. Do you have the parts to take me up on it?

Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm confused then, I just checked all the other currently known T3 armors, as far as I can tell Wizard stuff is the only one with a progression discrepancy, but they are also the only one with a bonus keyword at +0. Is this a documented mistake or are you assuming it's a mistake? It appears to be an example that contradicts your initial statement, albeit in the realm of currently unreachable T3. But still important to know if you're planning your XP expenditures up to that point.
I have no idea what GW intends until we get there. I haven't read anything supporting or contradicting either side of the possibilities surrounding wizard armour and feat combinations so I don't try to guess and I would strongly caution anyone making plans when we are still so far out from the first set of that stuff being made. Maybe they will publish an intent and clarify at some point if it was an oversight, an intention, a portion of the intended gear subset, a mistake or some combination thereof. I am 100% sure that there will be more T3 armour types added eventually though.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Saiph the Fallen
I have no reason to be against Pathfinder's success; I'm still an avid supporter of the game both financially and vocally. This is just something that concerns me and I believe would be foolish to not even consider.
Smitty
Once again apologies to the person who started this thread..

new folks to the game will need to play smart and not pick fights with the established groups that make it through EE, but should we be wiped ?? absolutely not. the reason we are here playing is we want a head start. the power curve of the game means a vet is not invincible if attacked by a large force of almost new characters…

Could be a detriment to crafters and refiners as new folks interested in those things will have a harder time breaking into markets but if a new organization is coming in at the same time even those folks should find a good home.
edit - What aspect of EE do you you see as a detriment to people waiting for OE ?
Saiph the Fallen
Smitty
Once again apologies to the person who started this thread..

new folks to the game will need to play smart and not pick fights with the established groups that make it through EE, but should we be wiped ?? absolutely not. the reason we are here playing is we want a head start. the power curve of the game means a vet is not invincible if attacked by a large force of almost new characters…

Could be a detriment to crafters and refiners as new folks interested in those things will have a harder time breaking into markets but if a new organization is coming in at the same time even those folks should find a good home.

All your good points will probably be lost in translation when an interested player researches PFO. But anyhow, I digress, my thoughts shall remain my own, going further, on this subject.
Smitty
I Just don’t see the” I have a million xp” as a problem for a new person.. I guess if was ultra focused and I am a level 20 wizard, with great spells and speed and fancy T3 stuff… it would take a group of 6 new players to take me out( less if there were melee..)? Id risk having to wear and thread perhaps one item and loose the rest to them.. or risk wearing good gear and dying in PVE.. or “ falling off a mountain”. And just plain loose the gear..

That new group is risking nothing attacking me but T1 gear which they can probably thread all of.. Id risk losing T2 items ( my walking around gear..) and focus on keeping T3 stuff threaded( threading is still being developed , but many feel you may be able to thread 1 T3 item perhaps not much more ..)

Meaning all my million xp means I get a fancy piece of armor or a staff, and the other stuff I wear gets looted if/ when I die ( or I wear T2 gear which those new folks will be wearing 30 days into playing..)

… the vet will most certainly be more versatile in things they can do but I just don’t get the feeling that a vet will far outclass a new group of people at all ( one on one is different story).

If you are thinking one of the established groups in the game will out right attack on sight the new groups coming into the game that could be an issue( but I don’t see any group here that would do that at the moment). If it does happen those groups most likely have histories in other games and have planned ahead and probably looking forward to the renewed rivalry in this game..
Nihimon
Smitty
If you are thinking one of the established groups in the game will out right attack on sight the new groups coming into the game that could be an issue( but I don’t see any group here that would do that at the moment).

Really? You can't think of any group that's currently playing that would attack brand new, unaffiliated players?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post