Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hooking players on PFO

Tink says Stab
Hmm.

Nope. I know that the North doesn't advocate it. I know for sure that the SE doesn't. The Xeilian Empire has a fairly strong stance on not attacking new players near new player areas.

Honest question, who do you mean? I think Sensou was doing it for a little while, but they cut it out before they left, no?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Smitty
I do recall one group that attacked someone because they were wearing blue….
but figured that was a mistake and the things that lead to that decision were corrected.. but perhaps im mistaken..
Nihimon
Tinkerton
The Xeilian Empire has a fairly strong stance on not attacking new players near new player areas.

I'm talking about Golgotha, of course. You killed Gilthorian when he was new right outside the gates of Marchmont. And you've killed a number of brand new, unaffiliated players in the southeast.

If it's actually your policy not to do that, you might want to check on whether or not your players actually know that.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Nihimon
I'm talking about Golgotha, of course.
We would typically be too busy trying to recruit them. Of course if they do get killed and then react by screaming obscenities, threatening us irl and with future in game actions, behave like spoiled petulant children, and make it otherwise clear they are complete jerks we will of course do the right thing and point them in your direction.

smilesmilesmile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tink says Stab
Wait, isn't Gilthorian the dude that I hit twice and then remembered where I was, and stopped before I killed him?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
KarlBob
New players are still joining EVE, years after the game began. They'll never have as many skill points (xp) as multi-year veterans, but they can still have fun.

As veterans, we're intended to provide a living landscape for the newbies to enter. When we started EE, there was no economy, no gear but what we could make, etc. Because we won't be wiped, the new players at Open Enrollment will be stepping into a living world. In a traditional MMO, the devs simulate a living world with NPC merchants, NPC towns, and NPC "politics" (usually permanent alliances and rivalries). Instead of a static, NPC-driven world, the new players will find a world with PC merchants, PC towns, and dynamic, PC-driven politics.
Saiph the Fallen
KarlBob
New players are still joining EVE, years after the game began. They'll never have as many skill points (xp) as multi-year veterans, but they can still have fun.

As veterans, we're intended to provide a living landscape for the newbies to enter. When we started EE, there was no economy, no gear but what we could make, etc. Because we won't be wiped, the new players at Open Enrollment will be stepping into a living world. In a traditional MMO, the devs simulate a living world with NPC merchants, NPC towns, and NPC "politics" (usually permanent alliances and rivalries). Instead of a static, NPC-driven world, the new players will find a world with PC merchants, PC towns, and dynamic, PC-driven politics.

That's actually the best way I've seen it advertised.
Flea
Nihimon
And you've killed a number of brand new, unaffiliated players in the southeast.

The Xeilian policy extends to new players around new player areas. The Southeast is NOT a new player area. Rathglen, Thornkeep, Kindleburn, and Marchmont are the places where those players should be found. The SE is even free from the Crusader Road hexes. Any person outside of those areas could be new and unaffiliated or they could simply be currently unaffiliated. Given that players join everyday no one can be expected to know if a player is truly new or simply without a company. If this were not the case then I could put on my T1 armor and a remove myself from my company and masquerade as a new player. Could I then expect Nihimon to not attack me?

EDIT: And University Commons, ofc
KarlBob
Saiph the Fallen
KarlBob

That's actually the best way I've seen it advertised.
Thank you.
Kitsune
Nihimon
Smitty
If you are thinking one of the established groups in the game will out right attack on sight the new groups coming into the game that could be an issue( but I don’t see any group here that would do that at the moment).

Really? You can't think of any group that's currently playing that would attack brand new, unaffiliated players?

I kinda feel like this comment doesn't belong in this thread, nor especially any of the discussion that's followed it.

Edit: if more conversation about this subject needs to happen, I would recommend that someone starts a new thread to discuss it.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post