Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Hooking players on PFO

Tuoweit
On Wizard keywords:

I think somewhere recently Stephen posted that armors/armor feats should be matching a maximum of 2 Major & 4 Minor keywords, and that matching more should be reported as a bug.

Looking closely at the T3 Clothing armors, 2 out of 3 include Inscribed (the Rank 2 keyword for Wizard armor feats) as part of their Inherent keywords. The other minor keywords from Rank 4 (Intricate) and Rank 8 (Reinforced) are included in different slots in those armors' keyword list. This means by Rank 10 (Eldritch), 2 out of the 3 Clothing armors are indeed providing 2 Major and 4 Minor keywords for Wizards. Getting to Rank 12 (Agile) will let wizards use the 3rd T3 Clothing armor (which I believe is intended for Monks, actually, but I don't have a handy link to the PFO Wiki Data to check) with the same efficiency.

At least some of the other T3 armors exhibit this same property of including what were +1 to +3 minor keywords at lower tiers as inherent and adding "non-standard" minor keywords. The upshot of that is there's fewer different sets of armor required at T3, and a T3+0 matches like a T3+1 for (at least) some armor feats.
Bob
aerendhil
There are some escalation quest where I have to kill X someone and grab Y something. okay, standard MMO mechanic, but why do those counters reset without me doing anything ? (after I logged off for a few hours)

Most of the quests/events you see in PFO are public, where your contribution is added to the contributions of everyone else. The quest isn't asking you personally to kill 30 Skull-Basher Soldiers, it's saying that if the community can kill 30 Soldiers in that hex within the time limit, then the Skull-Bashers will be weakened. Weaken them enough and the Skull-Bashers will abandon that hex (for now). So even when you're logged off, each event could end because other players have killed the remaining Soldiers, or because it timed out. Your contribution isn't lost, it helps decide whether the Skull-Bashers get weaker (because you and the community succeeded) or stronger (because the Skull-Bashers held everyone off long enough).

There are some personal quests that various characters in the NPC towns, including Thornkeep, will offer to you if you right-click on them. For example, there's one to kill some ogre shamans, and when you kill enough you'll get some coins as a reward. Your progress on those quests is tracked right up until you finish them or decline them, even if you log off.
Fanndis Goldbraid
I like the short term power gain, and the flattened power curve of the higher levels, so no character becomes superman. There should be what was called the "Capstone" ability, rewarding the most persistent and dedicated players with a rare skill that is only awarded at level 20 of a specific progression. It would make suffering through the last 3-4 ridiculously long leveling periods tolerable, with a specific goal in mind.
Kitsune
Fanndis Goldbraid
I like the short term power gain, and the flattened power curve of the higher levels, so no character becomes superman. There should be what was called the "Capstone" ability, rewarding the most persistent and dedicated players with a rare skill that is only awarded at level 20 of a specific progression. It would make suffering through the last 3-4 ridiculously long leveling periods tolerable, with a specific goal in mind.

Agreed. I was somewhat disappointed when I heard that it was decided-against. At least there are a few feats that were added for some dedication in EE6 (see the patch notes). So there may still be hope for some capstone stuff at a later date.
Doc
Well, I thought Rogue "Master Strike" would require level 20? Is that correct?
Edam
Doc

Dagger Master Strike needs Rogue level 20, Dexterity 30 and Subterfuge 129 so yes it does require you to max Rogue to take it. (Rapier Master Strike has same gateways)

That however is different from a "capstone ability" which if I understand correctly were meant to only be enabled if absolutely everything you slotted with no exceptions was from that same role.

In the case of Rogue Master Strike it would seem to be usable any time you have a dagger equipped even if you also equip the Travel Domain, Unbreakable armor feat, a holdout weapon and a T2 Wizard Spellbook and a Bunch of fighter reactives.

That does not fit my understanding of what Capstone abilities were originally meant to be about.
Tagnar
Edam
Doc

Dagger Master Strike needs Rogue level 20, Dexterity 30 and Subterfuge 129 so yes it does require you to max Rogue to take it. (Rapier Master Strike has same gateways)

That however is different from a "capstone ability" which if I understand correctly were meant to only be enabled if absolutely everything you slotted with no exceptions was from that same role.

In the case of Rogue Master Strike it would seem to be usable any time you have a dagger equipped even if you also equip the Travel Domain, Unbreakable armor feat, a holdout weapon and a T2 Wizard Spellbook and a Bunch of fighter reactives.

That does not fit my understanding of what Capstone abilities were originally meant to be about.

I kind of assumed a capstone ability would require you not to even rank up any of those abilities never mind slot them
Tagnar, Ironbreaker of Forgeholm
High Priest of Abadar
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tagnar
I kind of assumed a capstone ability would require you not to even rank up any of those abilities never mind slot them
considering how easy it is to train something by accident, that would be awfully exclusive.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
KarlBob
Last I heard, capstone abilities are intended to be replaced with dedication bonuses. A dedication bonus will give a character some advantage if the character slots a full set of feats from the same role. This rewards playing fully within one role at any given time, but doesn't penalize characters who train feats from multiple roles. It may also kick in much sooner in a character's career than a capstone ability (leveling one role to the capstone level is intended to take approximately three years).

It's also possible that GW could introduce dedication bonuses now, then introduce capstone abilities in a couple of years, when single-role-focused EE characters are approaching Level 20.
Kitsune
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tagnar
considering how easy it is to train something by accident, that would be awfully exclusive.

Indeed. I've trained a couple small things by accident (which, I'm very frustrated with), but it was only a couple hundred XP in total. But if something were to be unavailable permanently due to a simple one-button, no-warning mistake, then that'd be very, very silly. And aggravating.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post