Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Smeltbane
Please tell me holding upkeep won't go to the live server until next week at the earliest. With the number of people attending PaizoCon it would be far more difficult to arrange the transport of bulk goods in time to meet the holding's requirements. I'm trying to move them in advance, but it is VERY slow as the best I can do at a reasonable speed is 25 at a time and a few other members can as well, but most do not optimize for encumbrance. My preference would be the weight reduction first, then a week later add upkeep.
Duffy Swiftshadow
You only need to move enough right now to cover day one's upkeep (so 10 per holding). On Thursday you'll be able to move a lot more as they are reducing the bulk goods weight down to 0.25. At that point it should be much easier to move stuff around.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
You only need to move enough right now to cover day one's upkeep (so 10 per holding). On Thursday you'll be able to move a lot more as they are reducing the bulk goods weight down to 0.25. At that point it should be much easier to move stuff around.

I am confused on that.

Are they dropping encumbrance to be 0.25 or are they dropping it to be 0.25 of it's current value?
Decius
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow

I am confused on that.

Are they dropping encumbrance to be 0.25 or are they dropping it to be 0.25 of it's current value?
Down to .25 per bulk good, a 95% reduction. If you can now carry 5 bulk goods, you will be able to carry more than 100.
Tabomo
They may as well make it zero. smile
WxCougar of KOTC
Duffy Swiftshadow

What Drake was referring to is the fact many of us will be leaving on Thursday to Paizo Con and won't be back until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

Likely this is addressed somewhere else (and I apologize for repeating), but is the payment of Upkeep at Server Down Time or at the end of the Window?

Depending when it is, there could be 4 to potentially 7 days during the Con where several folks won't be able to help move the goods around.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Nihimon
WxCougar of KOTC
Likely this is addressed somewhere else (and I apologize for repeating), but is the payment of Upkeep at Server Down Time or at the end of the Window?

I believe I remember reading very recently that Upkeep is paid at the end of Server Downtime.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ditto on Nihimon's reply, I believe it's at end of server downtime.

@Cougar

If you can at least get your first day of upkeep to each holding a single person should be able to move around several days worth for even a larger number of holdings (200 on a base 50 encumbrance) after the patch.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Will upkeep be due Thursday morning immediately after the new version is deployed, or 24 hours later?

How broken will the holdings be after one day of missed upkeep? After two? Three? (Is there a schedule of degradation published?)

How will the interface work on disabled holdings? Will it be as simple as depositing the needed resources in a bank from which we can't withdraw?

Will access be restored immediately upon correcting the deficit, or the next day after server-up?

Does the deficit accumulate? (i.e., if we fail to pay for two days, do we need to pay for two days to regain access to function, or only one?

How long does it take the holdings and/or outposts to become irreparable?

Can we tear them down while they are in a disabled state?

If we tear them down with contents in situ is there a "husk?" (both for disabled or not disabled)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
Yes Upkeep will be applied when the server comes up on Thursday.

Holdings & Outposts currently do not "degrade". They are either working or not working (they have a binary state in Early Enrollment v8 ). If they are disabled, trainers don't train or offer support and refining facilities are closed. Vaults become deposit-only.

There's no tracking of days of upkeep missed and no deficits.

When a disabled Holding meets its Upkeep, it returns to service automatically. Upkeep is processed during downtime so if you don't have the right resources in your structures Thursday morning, they'll be disabled until Friday morning (assuming you deposited their needed Bulk Resources on Thursday).

I honestly don't know what happens if you try to tear down a disabled Holding or Outpost. I think that when you open the management UI you're just told the structure is disabled and you can't do anything.

I am also not 100% certain about the situation with regard to the Vault of the torn down structure but I'm 99% sure it leaves a "husk" type interactive object similar to how tearing down a Smallholding works.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post