Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Nihimon
Will it be possible to withdraw Bulk Resources directly from the Outposts in EE8, or will that be added later as part of the Outpost Raiding system?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
I am also not 100% certain about the situation with regard to the Vault of the torn down structure but I'm 99% sure it leaves a "husk" type interactive object similar to how tearing down a Smallholding works.

If that's the case, then it certainly won't leave a husk.

If you leave something in a smallholding's vault, and then proceed to tear down the smallholding, the items are deleted. No husk, no warning, and they don't re-appear when you place the smallholding again.

(at least, when I tested it a couple weeks ago, that was the result - unsure if that's been fixed in EE7/8 )
Ryan Dancey
OK, I have an update to my previous post. I will add this info to the Release Notes when the blog goes live:

Holdings and outposts can be disabled for 7 days and there's no degradation during that time, but then on the 8th day they'll be destroyed. Anything in the holding inventory will be kept in an invisible vault that will become available again if that company builds another holding there.
Ryan Dancey
We just tested the Smallholding teardown on Zog and it does leave behind a "husk". We're testing the Holding teardown now.
Ryan Dancey
There's no interaction with Outposts in EE8 except to manage them (i.e. upgrade them, downgrade them or tear them down). All the Bulk Resources are moved behind the scenes.
Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
There's no interaction with Outposts in EE8 except to manage them (i.e. upgrade them, downgrade them or tear them down). All the Bulk Resources are moved behind the scenes.

Thank you.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Caldeathe Baequiannia
For upgrading Holdings, assuming we have a holding in a hex, we can raise it's "training level" to the + of the deployed kit. Am I interpreting correctly that applying a higher "+" kit over-top of a holding will be permitted, without tearing it down, but that applying a higher plus kit of a different holding-type will require dismantling both outposts and holdings first?

And if that's true, would you consider for the future a way to deploy a holding over-top one of a different type without destroying it first, possibly at additional cost, but still cheaper than destroying both outposts?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
A fresh placed holding/outpost has no upgrades regardless of +#, the +# number signifies how many upgrades it can hold, but they are paid with influence separately and can only be increased once a day.

I believe they said eventually we will be able to upgrade the actual +# by spending bulk resources, but it would be arguably more expensive than crafting it to that level initially. I do not know about any feature where you can apply the same type of kit with a higher + to a deployed structure.
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
We just tested the Smallholding teardown on Zog and it does leave behind a "husk". We're testing the Holding teardown now.

Thank you. If I notice it again on the Live server, I'll let you know.
Ryan Dancey
It seems weird to me that I could turn a Fishery into a Quarry.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post