Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Smitty
Ryan Dancey
It seems weird to me that I could turn a Fishery into a Quarry.
The water has escaped the river kingdoms… most of the rivers are dry .. ( like the world wound..) perhaps the fisherman had to learn new skill but didn’t want to build new building and just started calling fisheries quarries’..

sorry bad joke time but was just whats the term .. Low hanging fruit !
Daeglin
I can't confirm a Smallholding, but breaking down a Base Camp does leave a "husk" on live in the form of a chest you can access and loot.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan Dancey
But not so weird to turn a quarry into a mine, or an abandoned quarry into a shrine.

I don't think any of the cost of the holding needs to (or should be) be preserved, simply that it doesn't make sense that we have to tear down a ranch outpost and a quarry outpost before we can turn our central ranch into a central quarry or central mine because our training needs have changed.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Yrme
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan Dancey
But not so weird to turn a quarry into a mine, or an abandoned quarry into a shrine.

I don't think any of the cost of the holding needs to (or should be) be preserved, simply that it doesn't make sense that we have to tear down a ranch outpost and a quarry outpost before we can turn our central ranch into a central quarry or central mine because our training needs have changed.

Yup. It would be pretty weird to have to tear down other structures in the hex to replace the center holding. A "simple" expenditure of a new holding kit should replace the center structure with the cost of the loss of that structure (and any upgrades, probably).
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Edam
I have no issues with having to take down a previous holding to change type.

That said - in a world where people can cast fireballs and run at crazy speeds by waving a staff around, not to mention heal serious physical injuries by taking a potion, nothing should really be all that weird.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
I have no issues with having to take down a previous holding to change type.
I doubt many of us have an issue with having to take down a previous holding to change type. The problem is having to take down all the other structures in the hex before we can change the holding type.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
Yes, not much reason for that other then a pure resource sink. I understand that people will have to plan their Holdings and Outposts but not sure if I find the required destruction of those Outposts adding much to the meaningful choice here.

I guess it does put an extra break on opportunistic Holding-switching (can't really think of an exploit though), but I expect that the cost of the Holding itself will be enough of a setback to prevent people from doing this often.

After all, Holdings only become true assets when you upgrade them, and upgraded holdings are costly. I do not see people switch upgraded Holdings willy nilly. And I do not see much benefit of being able to switch around +0 Holdings. You can only train someone up to level 2 with that.
I mean, you could put down a Barracks +0 and then people could train a few levels of Hitpoints maybe, and then switch it for a Sanctum +0 and you would have access to the first 1 or 2 levels of Orisons? Dunno, maybe there's an exploit somehwere in there.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Ryan Dancey
We are investigating the process for tearing down a Holding and may have some more info to share later today (we're trying to determine exactly when the Holding is removed from the hex after the Teardown process has finished).
Gromzok
Ryan Dancey
  • Volume controls now work.
  • \o/

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post