Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Brighthaven Leader
>.>
You guys realize that that is hundreds of encumbrance per day right? of moving resources…
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Nihimon
During a Feud members of the opposing Companies can engage in PvP without incurring Reputation penalties. They will appear as "red" to members of the opposing Company everywhere on the map.

If a Phaeros Company starts a Feud with a Golgotha Company, will Phaeros be able to kill them inside Golgotha without being attacked by the Thornguards?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Bringslite
Lol Nihimon! smile

@ GW

Please take this as meant in a nice way. Please remember that it was suggested. Consider either making the upkeep for a +0 holding the materials that it brings in, or please shut it off until there are reasonable ways to move bulk goods.

This will be very labor (read time) intensive. It will fall onto the shoulders of a few members and they will burn out.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Can we confirm word that if a required resource is lacking but other resources are present, the available resources will Catan'ed out of available resources at 4 to 1?

Also, how much influence would be required to declare a feud for the reference possibilities?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan Dancey
We have never said there would not be bulk resource consumption before transport. We have said that you won't have to do Settlement upkeep without transport.
Well then you win the argument, Ryan. And I give up.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Lisa Stevens
You have my word. You will not be required to use bulk resources for settlement upkeep until there is a way to move bulk resources around easier than a single person carrying those resources around. Now, holding are a different story. They take resources from their associated outposts automatically, without the need to carry them from the outpost to the holding. So holdings can use resources for upkeep without needing to transport them, which is what EE8 implements. This is NOT settlement upkeep. This is holding upkeep.

-Lisa
Tyncale
Lisa Stevens
You have my word. You will not be required to use bulk resources for settlement upkeep until there is a way to move bulk resources around easier than a single person carrying those resources around. Now, holding are a different story. They take resources from their associated outposts automatically, without the need to carry them from the outpost to the holding. So holdings can use resources for upkeep without needing to transport them, which is what EE8 implements. This is NOT settlement upkeep. This is holding upkeep.

-Lisa
Well, my Tradepost Holding in a Woodland hex needs 10 Bulk Ore per day, while its two Lumberjack Outposts only produce Bulk Wood. That means I have to transport 10 Bulk Ore from the Mountains every day. That is 2 trips with my Main or 1 trip with my Miner. smile Since the Tradepost Holding holds a large amount of Bulk Wood already, I am not going to tear it down and replace it by a Lumbermill or something. That would also mean tearing down Golarions oldest Holding….

So this is actually somewhat of a problem in this first iteration already. Though a decrepit HOlding +0 is not really much of a setback, exept for the fact you can't use it anymore as a personal vault.

I take it, the decrepit Holding does not build up a "debt" of 10 Bulk per day, but will simply start to function again if there is 10 of the appropriate Bulk in its holds?
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
If you upgrade the holding doesn't it add another resource type? If we upgrade ours to the max +2 we'll need to move around 30 across 3 types? So per holding we could need to move around about 150 encumbrance (100 if one type is made by that hex), so our daily movement is around 400-600 encumbrance in bulk goods for a small group before we even get into settlement upkeep.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Lisa Stevens

-Lisa
None of the Outposts that we were able to put down for our first three holdings feed the holding around which they were placed. Every single one of those holdings will require moving 10 bulk resources/day across 1 to 3 hexes. Every day of the year. If we don't upgrade them. I'm not going to do it.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Lisa Stevens

-Lisa

Thank you for clearing that up. I am unsure why I got the impression (during your Fireside with Forgeholm)that Bags of Holding would be coming out at the same time that moving bulk goods would be a real time issue/requirement.

Looking at the wiki. I see that None of the holding types that give bonus mats actually match their upkeep mats, except the Fishery. If we are lazy, short handed, or even just prefer not to have daily/weekly mandatory and playtime sapping "chores" then we could place suboptimal outposts with our holdings. IMO, that sucks.

We could also place our holdings one hex away from each other so that we need only move the upkeep mats one hex for every holding. That looks unlikely to be feasible for more than a very few cases.

As you upgrade, it gets very much more difficult and time consuming. A regular (non Enc Bonus trained) character can't even carry (without a very large speed penalty) a day's worth of upkeep mats to and from a +0 holding.

I think that I understand "why" you want us to have to move things about. I hope that some GW GMs will hit the test server and try it before you publish this system into live play. Get a better perspective on what it will be like to have to work with the above system.

Hopefully you will consider making a +0 Holding's upkeep the same as what it is designed for. In the cases were it is possible, at least. Upgrading then might become an even more meaningful choice. Or better yet, create another sink for coin AND bulk goods. Otherwise known as paying the unseen "behind the scenes" common folks to move the stuff. I feel that the plan (above) now will not be fun for the average Joe player. It will be more like a boring, time consuming, and frustrating chore that a few people will get stuck with. <–Those are not good things for an MMO.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post