Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Gog
The Open PvP system is being removed. Hexes no longer have Open PvP windows. Instead, Towers can be taken if the PvP window is open for that Hex, and the attackers have Feueded the owners of that Tower. Since the Open PvP system is gone the only characters who will be "Red" are those in the Fueded Company. This change should address the issue of not being able to heal friendlies during Tower battles. This also means that reputation-free PvP is only possible against Feud targets.

?!

I was under the impression that feuds would be required in order to destroy holdings or transfer sovereignty, but that outpost raiding would be open to all comers during the hex's PVP window. Is this not the longterm plan?
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Abierzen
Lisa Stevens
You have my word. You will not be required to use bulk resources for settlement upkeep until there is a way to move bulk resources around easier than a single person carrying those resources around. Now, holding are a different story. They take resources from their associated outposts automatically, without the need to carry them from the outpost to the holding. So holdings can use resources for upkeep without needing to transport them, which is what EE8 implements. This is NOT settlement upkeep. This is holding upkeep.

-Lisa

Another fail for PR … Oh wait you have no real PR. And definitely a HUGE fail for a COO who has absolutely no idea HOW the product works. Sorry, wood from a lumber outpost does not feed a Lumbermill holding. Oh frak … I need to import something else from somewhere else to feed my holding.
After living the life as a U.S. government face of the public I have learned very well that the only way most people will really take notice is if you Speakly Loudly AND Carry an even bigger Stick (or Dagger or Greatclub or the Grandest Greatsword any dwarf would die and live out all of their greatest fantasies with).

MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(FR)
Sheila Silverwind, Commander Excelsior (Free Highlanders)
Quijenoth
Sounds to me like everyone wants their cake and eat it…

All people have done since holdings have come out is talk about the MAXIMUM efficiency for X outposts and Holdings in X Hex. So now you all have the highest resource production for your hexes.

BUT now you don't want to do any work to keep those resources and facilities alive!

People need to take a step back and re-read the notes.
EE8 Patch Notes
A Holding that does not meet it's upkeep needs enters a Disabled state and ceases to provide support for Trainers or refining facilities and vaults become Deposit only.

If you do not pay the cost you lose
  • Facility training (currently people don't actually need the low level training anyway)
  • Access to refining facilities (again not many use these right now I'm sure)
  • Reduced access to the Vault (you can put in but cannot take out)
  • Reduced efficiency by removal of benefit to matching outposts (unsure if this is a thing)
At no point have they said your outposts stop producing resources and feeding the holding, just that you wont be able to take them away unless you bring with you the resources to access to vault. Since we currently don't want to remove them as they are too heavy to take to the settlement you may as well simply not pay the upkeep. (please Devs correct me if I have misread this)

You could, however modify your outposts to make hexes less optimal but self sufficient.
Lets look at a Mountain hex with the Mine Holding and 2 mine outposts that requires 10 stone upkeep.
  • You could replace a mine outpost with a quarry outpost and generate the stone needed. when you upgrade it to +1 you will only need to bring 10 food to keep the vault active.
  • When you get the mine holding to +3 you need 10 Wood, 10 Trade Goods, and 10 Food to keep vault access - It might, at this point, actually be worth removing the quarry and placing a hunting outpost. This will require you only to bring wood and stone saving you 10 resource transport.
Rethinking your outposts is the best consideration right now since it doesn't require victory markers. Most bulk resources can be placed within 1 or 2 hexes of a holding that needs them and actually makes the trading outpost at least somewhat useful now.
Bringslite
Abierzen
Lisa Stevens
You have my word. You will not be required to use bulk resources for settlement upkeep until there is a way to move bulk resources around easier than a single person carrying those resources around. Now, holding are a different story. They take resources from their associated outposts automatically, without the need to carry them from the outpost to the holding. So holdings can use resources for upkeep without needing to transport them, which is what EE8 implements. This is NOT settlement upkeep. This is holding upkeep.

-Lisa

Another fail for PR … Oh wait you have no real PR. And definitely a HUGE fail for a COO who has absolutely no idea HOW the product works. Sorry, wood from a lumber outpost does not feed a Lumbermill holding. Oh frak … I need to import something else from somewhere else to feed my holding.

I don't think that this is a PR fail.. I feel it is more of a situation that is a result of looking for engrossing feature mechanics. This is kinda a new approach to a long looked for feature for an MMO. One of many features that made me look twice at this game.

If it turns out to be really bad for the diehards playing this game, I have no doubts that it will be adjusted.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Quijenoth
Abierzen
Sorry, wood from a lumber outpost does not feed a Lumbermill holding. Oh frak … I need to import something else from somewhere else to feed my holding.

No and why should it - it actually requires food, Food to feed the lumberjacks that fell the trees and chop them into lumber!
Bringslite
If all that you have to do to empty a vault is bring it's upkeep for one day after 20 days of it stockpiling it's bulk, that is a completely different animal.

It just keeps bringing in the outpost's product after falling "disabled"? That would be odd. I never imagined that we would have to haul each holding's upkeep to them either, so…..
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Ravenlute
On a completely different vein:

Ryan Dancey
The Feud system is expressed in a new UI element that has been added to the Alliances tab of the Company Info panel. This new display will show you any Feuds that have been declared against your Company and any Feuds that your Company has declared against other Companies.

At this time there is no notification that your Company has been Feuded. You'll want to keep an eye on this display and watch for changes.

This is bothersome and tedious. I would highly suggest adding it to the UI similar to the quests/achievements box in the upper right of the screen, maybe even right below the achievement/quest box. It should be something that is visible on your screen at all times but could be downsized if desired. This would allow the player to notice right away when any changes regarding feuds involving their Company take place.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Brighthaven Leader
Basically, looks like were in for a bunch of busy work.

Transferring 10-40 resources a day to our settlement to pay for upkeep, before we can build up our settlement is less work, than transferring 100-200 bulk resources each day. Some settlements are going to have a lot of work set out before them, just to maintain their level 1 holdings, can you all imagine what its going to take if you have multiple holdings above level 1?

Some of you may say "quit whining this is intended" or "rethink your options." The intention for actual game play six months down the line, is that you have the ability to transport large amount of heavy materials with a cart/mule. As it stands we will have to do more work now, than after we actually get the damn carts/mules.

I think that this might be the nail in the coffin for some and just another chore that we will have to deal with for 3-4 weeks or even longer. Its another one of those 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards moments, like with the settlement banking, our tabs are still missing making crafting or finding anything cumbersome and a chore. Hard might be fun, but chores aren't, they are annoying.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Quijenoth
Cheatle for TEO
As it stands we will have to do more work now, than after we actually get the damn carts/mules.

Why do the hard work now? carts and mules will come in at the same time, if not before, settlement upkeep so you can just leave the resources in your holdings for now. you dont even have to move upkeep to those holdings yet if you don't want to.

Cheatle for TEO
Basically, looks like were in for a bunch of busy work.

Transferring 10-40 resources a day to our settlement to pay for upkeep, before we can build up our settlement is less work, than transferring 100-200 bulk resources each day. Some settlements are going to have a lot of work set out before them, just to maintain their level 1 holdings, can you all imagine what its going to take if you have multiple holdings above level 1?

I guess thats the price you pay for being a large settlement - but its not all that bad if you look at it realistically.

Say you need 20 stone for your settlement each day - moving 20 every day is tiresome but moving 140 once a week isnt. assuming this is assigned to 2-3 people its effectively 15-20 minutes work once a week. if you have 80-100 people then that's not a lot to ask to rotate it among them.

On the other hand if you happen to be 10 people running multiple accounts and effectively trying to run a settlement designed for 80-100 then it is going to be a lot of work.

I think we might see larger settlements culling their numbers of mules and dead accounts soon.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Quijenoth
At no point have they said your outposts stop producing resources and feeding the holding, just that you wont be able to take them away unless you bring with you the resources to access to vault. Since we currently don't want to remove them as they are too heavy to take to the settlement you may as well simply not pay the upkeep. (please Devs correct me if I have misread this)

Holdings and outposts
If the Holding does not have sufficient resources in the Company Holding Vault, the Holding enters a Damaged state and its features can no longer be accessed. If these upkeep costs are not paid repeatedly, the Holding will eventually begin downgrading and in time will be destroyed, along with any Outposts in its hex.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post