Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Ryan Dancey
@Bringlsite:

Yes, Outposts deposit even when a Holding is disabled.

Holding and Outpost Kits are crafted from +0 to +5. In v8 there is no mechanism to alter the + of a placed Kit once it is constructed.

Once built, the Leader of the Company that owns the Structure can access a UI attached to the structure (it uses the "workbench" previously used for Teardown). The Leader can opt to "Upgrade" the Structure up to the max + o the Structure in one unit increments once per day. In other words it will take 5 days to upgrade a structure from 0 to 5.

It costs 100 Influence to upgrade a Holding one unit and 50 Influence for an Outpost upgrade of one unit.
Rynnik
Quick sidebar question for the community:

Was there some announcement back in the day about what bulk hauling capacities were going to be?

The reason I ask as because my uninformed expectation of what a 'mule and cart' were going to be would in no way alleviate the pain that I imagine 700 units of bulk goods a day would bring. I was expecting maybe along the lines of a double or triple encumbrance of a strong back trained player or something along those lines and of course for it to move significantly slower then a hasted player. Are we instead expecting something more akin to EVE's freighters where we could pack up an entire Golgotha company bank and move it in one go if desired?

Just curious on this even though it is a bit of a segue.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Ryan Dancey
Currently on Zog the original "open PvP Hex" mechanic is still active. We found a bug that was allowing Companies that had not Feuded the owner of a Tower to gain capture points and while we work on that we have left the original mechanic in place. This will almost certainly be altered to meet the Release Notes text when we deploy to the Live Server (and we'll note that if we do not make the change for some reason).
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Rynnik

Freighter sizes might be something more akin to eventual caravan style horse and carts. I'm expecting early mules/carts to be something more like 300-500 encumbrance at most. Don't forget right now almost no one is moving around large amounts of crafted goods because they are far too heavy. You can safely move maybe two pieces of heavy armor right now or a handful of weapons depending on the type. Most stuff is made and sold on site.

I crunched the math to setup a staging point away from home for a contract with the assumption we would lose a set of gear each every two nights…it's not worth the setup time or the cost we would have to pass on to the client.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Doc
Running a settlement is a community effort. You have 418 members in Brighthaven.

Emphasis mine.

Do you actually believe those company counts reflect the true numbers ie. status quo right now?

Obviously, the game is being designed with the presumption of larger player numbers - so the mechanics would seem to be built around those expected figures. That amount of players does not exist now. So being in a position to have to do the work of 300 players when you probably only have 80 is probably pretty rough.

I'm thinking everybody feeling overwhelmed should stop running so many holdings and outposts until bulk transport is in place. Since settlements don't consume bulk resources at the moment, is it really necessary to go buck wild with holdings placements? Is this a self-inflicted problem?

Is there a mechanism by which you can tear down a holding and get the building kit back? If so, maybe that route should seriously be considered…

This is exactly what AvenaOats has been saying for weeks now. PFO is currently suffering in its development due to Goblin Work's disconnect of the issue of SCALE. Nearly every system they are putting in place is built on the assumption, or eventual hope that these systems can be supported by a LARGE population. The large population is just not here, not even in the largest of the settlements.

Although we currently capable of purchasing holdings and outposts, we are not sure that we can support them once they are built, nor do we want maintaining them to dominate our limited game time.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Rynnik

Freighter sizes might be something more akin to eventual caravan style horse and carts. I'm expecting early mules/carts to be something more like 300-500 encumbrance at most. Don't forget right now almost no one is moving around large amounts of crafted goods because they are far too heavy. You can safely move maybe two pieces of heavy armor right now or a handful of weapons depending on the type. Most stuff is made and sold on site.

I crunched the math to setup a staging point away from home for a contract with the assumption we would lose a set of gear each every two nights…it's not worth the setup time or the cost we would have to pass on to the client.

Given that a hauling character with might from strength can currrently get up to 120 or 140 encumberance staying in the bottom bar amd well over 200 whle moving at an Ok speed - 300 for a super slow mule or cart is not a huge improvement.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Can you maintain that for more than a hex or two? Cause for the system to work accurately you should have to trade with other settlements for some of the bulk you need and it's gonna be decent length trips in most cases.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Can you maintain that for more than a hex or two? Cause for the system to work accurately you should have to trade with other settlements for some of the bulk you need and it's gonna be decent length trips in most cases.

Maintaining 120 encumberance in the bottom bar ?

Currently the Strength expendables expire at evey hex boundary and need to be recast which would be an issue if you are being pursued but is otherwise just a matter of casting the spell again. You would hopefully have plotted a route that minimised hex boundary crossings. Most characters would have the power reserves to sustain this for at least 5 or 6 hexes or more providing they were only casting for themselves.
Brighthaven Leader
Basically, you have to move 100-150 encumbrance using said spell, and hit a settlement before you run out of power.

I also want to mention they will be reducing encumbrance by another 20 across the board, once bags are in.

@Rynnik

Personally, I was expecting something in between, perhaps something that could carry about x10 what a hauler could carry, so maybe 1,000 - 1,500 encumbrance. Something that could be raided.

The average mule is around 800 Pounds, can carry 20% of that as dead weight, because of its muscle density. That is 160 pounds, and if pulling dead weight, they can do x1-x2 alright, and x3 their weight if pushed to their limits. Now, if you attach a cart to them, they can easily pull their own weight at normal trotting speed, but that is if on normal ground. They can do much more, but then you are looking at a much shorter endurance and trip, so you don't hurt them. Mules have great endurance, are smart, require less food, training, and basically are awesome in general.

My point, with a decent rig and wagon, with a mule, it can easily pull 1,000 pounds on wheels, but this is all in reality and not exactly balanced mechanics, lol.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Rynnik
Cheatle for TEO
but this is all in reality and not exactly balanced mechanics, lol.

Yah, I was thinking more along the lines of game considerations only :-P

That said x10 is WAY more then I was thinking. I was more in line with Duffy's comments. How slow they end up being will also be a massive factor of course.

Interesting times ahead…
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post