Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v8 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Fanndis Goldbraid
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Fanndis Goldbraid
Lee did make bulk resources only weigh 5 instead of the previous 50 units of encumbrance. That should be plenty, so start totin' yer bulk goods!
No. They made the bulk resources more discrete, so that instead of 1 50enc unit we'd need 10 5enc units to sustain a holding. The total mass needed to be moved was not decreased.

Cal, I did not say the total mass was decreased. The discussion was about moving materials.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Fanndis Goldbraid
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Fanndis Goldbraid
Lee did make bulk resources only weigh 5 instead of the previous 50 units of encumbrance. That should be plenty, so start totin' yer bulk goods!
No. They made the bulk resources more discrete, so that instead of 1 50enc unit we'd need 10 5enc units to sustain a holding. The total mass needed to be moved was not decreased.

Cal, I did not say the total mass was decreased. The discussion was about moving materials.
The discussion I was in was that it would be a Herculean consumption of time to move the necessary goods to maintain a holding. The adjustment you referenced did not help that, though it has since been addressed.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Illililili
Large nerfs to Cleric weapon attacks today. Some needed, some, imho, not.
Stilachio Thrax
Illililili
Large nerfs to Cleric weapon attacks today. Some needed, some, imho, not.

Details?
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Takasi
Ryan can you please address why changes were made to the holding upkeep requirement types from 7.2 to 8.x?

Some outposts were intentionally placed due to what was published in 7.2. Now that the requirements were changed the outposts (and in some cases holdings) will need to be replaced, wasting resources due to these changes. Before this is done can we see some assurance that they won't change again before going live? And for reference can we hear the logic for why these were changed?
Duffy Swiftshadow
My guess based on the changes was to create more trade dependence chains. Self-sufficiency was supposed to be difficult without careful picks, but the original upkeep stuff was pretty easy to maintain while sticking to optimal builds.
Takasi
Edit: Retracting my earlier inquiry.

Looks like I was mistaken; sorry for wasting everyone's time and I appreciate Goblinwork's prompt response.
Ryan Dancey
I can't speak to the data that you're looking at - I am not involved in preparing or distributing it. I did happen to ask Lee about this yesterday and he is of the opinion that there's been no change in the data shared with the public but it is certainly possible that there were changes of some kind or magnitude.

You should never, ever assume that forward-looking statements or values are set in stone. We do our absolute best to tell you all the time that this stuff is constantly in flux and subject to change and it does and will change. Often we have to generate some placeholder, or "first cut" data for some systems while they are in development, then we iterate on those values as we iterate on the system.

You should also assume that even after this data is incorporated into an actual release that it may still change. The only things we're committed to preserving is your XP accumulation. While we certainly don't WANT to alter critical values that people are basing decisions on, it will happen. This is one of the ramifications of Crowdforging.
Lee Hammock
The upkeep data on the deployable camps page of the public wiki was last updated April 15th and has not been changed since as visible by going back through the saved versions on the spreadsheet. The page was added on the 15th of April (if you go back to the version from the 13th the page is not there) so that data was not updated at all from its creation until a few days ago, when nothing in the upkeep columns changed.
Ryan Dancey
We updated the Test Server Client today. This update addressed a couple of Holding & Output bugs and altered the weight of the Bulk Resources. You will need to run the Patcher to get the current Test Server client.

There were no changes to Cleric Feats in this update.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post