Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Another Report

Elsworth Sugarfoot
Elsworth stepped out into the cold mountain night, away from the flames of the orcish forges. Away from the flickering that hurt his eyes. Here things were clear. His rise to power had been swift since he was pulled from Marchmont by the filthy coal miner. Where was Kiseki now, still in some whorehouse in Dagedai?

Nihimon had grown unfortunately powerful since their last meeting, and Decius presented problems of his own. All around new settlements had risen to oppose the Empire. “Dwarves!” he spat and snarled. It would be a pleasure killing them.

Already he felt weakened by the loss of the territory. Where was the mighty Guurzak and his orcs, Pontis had wandered off mumbling something about, “The great Asmodeus.” He knew that his plan had been ambitious, and born of opportunity more than any specific strategy, but the North had played their hand. Their long masquerade as pacifists had ended.

This too could be used to his advantage. Phyllain would give him more power. It only made sense after their recent string of victories. He couldn’t be blamed for losses in the face of such overwhelming numbers, could he?

Dark days were ahead for Xeilias, surrounded and severely outnumbered by the North and South, but darkness was their strength. The voices said this would happen. He could hear them now on the night wind. “Nightcrawlers…..”
Saiph the Fallen
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Elsworth stepped out into the cold mountain night, away from the flames of the orcish forges. Away from the flickering that hurt his eyes. Here things were clear. His rise to power had been swift since he was pulled from Marchmont by the filthy coal miner. Where was Kiseki now, still in some whorehouse in Dagedai?

Nihimon had grown unfortunately powerful since their last meeting, and Decius presented problems of his own. All around new settlements had risen to oppose the Empire. “Dwarves!” he spat and snarled. It would be a pleasure killing them.

Already he felt weakened by the loss of the territory. Where was the mighty Guurzak and his orcs, Pontis had wandered off mumbling something about, “The great Asmodeus.” He knew that his plan had been ambitious, and born of opportunity more than any specific strategy, but the North had played their hand. Their long masquerade as pacifists had ended.

This too could be used to his advantage. Phyllain would give him more power. It only made sense after their recent string of victories. He couldn’t be blamed for losses in the face of such overwhelming numbers, could he?

Dark days were ahead for Xeilias, surrounded and severely outnumbered by the North and South, but darkness was their strength. The voices said this would happen. He could hear them now on the night wind. “Nightcrawlers…..”

Enjoyed this.
AlexanderDamocles
"They're at it again, father" said Ashiel.

"And by they, I assume you mean the forces Seventh Veil and Golgotha? And I presume the Veil wants the forces of the Order to assist them in another crusade against the terrors of Golgotha?" Alexander said with a tired smile.

"Correct. Except that my mercantile contacts are indicating that this time, Ozem's Vigil has responded as well. Several other groups, normally unaligned, seem to be backing this latest push by the Seventh Veil."

"So, Ozem's Vigil finally decided to take a proactive stance? Interesting. I could attempt to call on cooler heads once again, to see if I cannot end this latest war. Although if they believe this skirmishes to be a war, I pray to Abadar on their behalf that they never see a war." Damocles said, frowning. "No. This time, let them fight it out. Get the bloodlust out of their system. They have been itching for a battle, and to act now would be to only bottle up that fervor once again. Perhaps, when both sides have grown bored with killing one another again and again, then a treaty for establishing a peace can be written. A treaty that binds all participants, with clear consequences for provoking warfare. While Golgotha is open in it's revelry for combat and bloodsports, I fear those who claim to be above such evil influences do not realize the danger they are in. Seeking endless war for the sake of a petty argument…the path to Hell is filled with men who thought they were doing the right thing."

"I take it I should message the contractors, have them bring in all the resources we can to ensure that our forces remain resupplied?" Ashiel said as she drew her quill.

"Yes. This war may not have been truly wanted by many, but we have no choice. Perhaps in victory, we can forge a better future. Until then…until then we waste lives and time in petty feuds." Damocles said, shaking his head in resignation.
aerendhil
Out of curiosity, what were the tactics used in those skirmishes ?
Mostly ranged fight as those coward elves do ? or battling toe-to-toe, proper dwarvish way ?

-= Gromnir =-
Eclineex
Elsworth Sugarfoot

Well done! Seriously, that is a very nice piece of writing. I look forward to more of your work.
Eclineex
AlexanderDamocles
"They're at it again, father" said Ashiel.

"And by they, I assume you mean the forces Seventh Veil and Golgotha? And I presume the Veil wants the forces of the Order to assist them in another crusade against the terrors of Golgotha?" Alexander said with a tired smile.

"Correct. Except that my mercantile contacts are indicating that this time, Ozem's Vigil has responded as well. Several other groups, normally unaligned, seem to be backing this latest push by the Seventh Veil."

"So, Ozem's Vigil finally decided to take a proactive stance? Interesting. I could attempt to call on cooler heads once again, to see if I cannot end this latest war. Although if they believe this skirmishes to be a war, I pray to Abadar on their behalf that they never see a war." Damocles said, frowning. "No. This time, let them fight it out. Get the bloodlust out of their system. They have been itching for a battle, and to act now would be to only bottle up that fervor once again. Perhaps, when both sides have grown bored with killing one another again and again, then a treaty for establishing a peace can be written. A treaty that binds all participants, with clear consequences for provoking warfare. While Golgotha is open in it's revelry for combat and bloodsports, I fear those who claim to be above such evil influences do not realize the danger they are in. Seeking endless war for the sake of a petty argument…the path to Hell is filled with men who thought they were doing the right thing."

"I take it I should message the contractors, have them bring in all the resources we can to ensure that our forces remain resupplied?" Ashiel said as she drew her quill.

"Yes. This war may not have been truly wanted by many, but we have no choice. Perhaps in victory, we can forge a better future. Until then…until then we waste lives and time in petty feuds." Damocles said, shaking his head in resignation.

Very interesting~

You guys are going to make me work at this! Love it.
Ileo Aswell
Awesome Write up! Any Video footage?
Dwarf - longbow - Gatherer
Nihimon
Nihimon gazes deeply into the pool of still water until the vision is upon him. He sees the empty streets of Blackwood Glade, and the field before its gates where the specter of tragedy still haunts. He sees the workshops of Hammerfall sitting idle, and a weary candle flame carefully guarded by three. He sees the town center of Keeper's Pass, where the peaceful debate the counsel of the worm-tongued deceiver who whispers betrayal and despair, and a voice rises to turn despair to determination.

The vision moves on, past a brief glimpse of a startlingly picturesque scene of terror and hate, to the echoes of a conversation far away. "The path to Hell is filled with men who thought they were doing the right thing." The words resonate with Nihimon, as they must with all who think what they are doing is right. But certainty is a luxury, when the only question is action or inaction. The troubling thoughts disturb the vision until it fades.

Lifting his eyes from the pool, Nihimon surveys the work going on around him in the library, where scholars pore over fragments of text and make preparations for what is to come. A missive from Thornkeep catches his eye - an end to wanton slaughter is announced, though the subtext makes it clear that those with influence will be able to bribe the Thornguards to look the other way. Finally, he turns his gaze to a stack of parchment and the words he has written to the captains of the north.

Doubt and fear are powerful enemies, marshaled by friend and foe alike they can sap the will to act. Nihimon steels his mind against them - against the doubt that what he is asking others to do at his side is right, against the doubt that those actions will lead to victory, and against the doubt that victory will even matter.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
HowardWdW
The signal fires were lit. The call came from our brethren from the south saying they were sore pressed by the forces of Evil. Would we answer this call? Though few in number the Paladins had no doubts in their hearts. Of course they would answer! For is it not said that for Evil to triumph all that Good must do, is do nothing? This would not be said of us. Therefore we raised arms, stood with our allies of the Free Highlanders, and travelled the distance to the south to bring aid and succor to our brethren.

In one night 12 Evil towers were taken. Did we think Evil would now be broken? No; nor was it proved to be so.

With guile and cunning Evil taunted the alliance in the south and struck back with great force against the Paladins in the north. Now it was our turn to call for aid and our brothers answered.

Swords were broken, bows snapped, shields splintered and armor rent in pieces. Pharasma sent both sides back into the fray time and again. At the end of the grueling battle Evil had taken 5 towers from the Paladins, but losses could be counted on both sides.

There is no doubt that the conflict will continue. To those who stand aside and watch, counting their coin purses, hoping to gain from other's sorrows I say this: Be ever hopeful that the conflict does not come to your door step, in case at that time you find none left willing or able to come to your aid.

For Ozem's Vigil, Bastion of Good in the North
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Thorgrim Foegrinder ran his hands along the Greatsword of Echoes, carefully tracing the wavy core of the blended iron. Soulbliette, for that was the true name of the consciousness within the blade, had not seen as much battle as Thorgrim had hoped. It seemed as if Golgotha's strategy hinged upon avoiding combat whenever possible, only taking the field out of desperation or when their enemies were no more than commoners gathering in the wilderness. Still, there were a few brave and worthy opponents within Golgotha that showed their mettle in the past few days; Elsworth Sugarfoot, Nivia Ray, and Silandria Silverhair repeatedly harried much larger and well disciplined forces. May Gorum's favor fall upon them for their actions in combat.

Yesterday, while Thorgrim was leading the defense of the Everbloom Alliance, the main bulk of the forces of Phaeros were in the north, sent there based on gathered intelligence. That information was sadly incomplete, however, and the Golgothans were able to sneak three towers out from Ozem's Vigil's nose before scouts reported their presence and our forces were able to arrive. Battle commenced for two more towers simultaneously, desperate Golgothans attacking and the forces of Phaeros alongside those of Ozem's Vigil, Alderwag, and Forgeholm defending. The battle was glorious, and the Golgothans were beaten back. However, a contingent was able to sneak away and nearly take another tower before scouts reported their activity. The defenders rushed to the new site, but the foothold that Golgotha had attained was too much, and the tower was eventually lost.

In an attempt to defend their towers without actually defending them, the Golgothans constantly shifted their guardsmen around so that the unavoidable hole in their guard, sometimes referred to as the "vulnerability window" was at one day a time when nearly everyone was at home in their beds, and the next at a time when the world shuddered and was reborn, giving no notice that the window would be open until it was too late.

It seemed obvious, though, that the battles would continue. Golgotha had for too long twisted words, unleashed domesticated and collared trolls on the people of Phaeros, and committed lawless banditry and murder on much of the rest of the population in the area of Pharasma's Curse. Despite what some of them have said, without enough towers the Golgothan forces would be weakened. Golgothan desperation would prevail and they would be forced to attack more towers tonight.

Soulbliette, and Thorgrim, would be ready … and so would the rest of the forces of both the South and the North.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post