Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Healing

Elsworth Sugarfoot
Please add this to pvp. Right now you can't heal anyone who's red, which is my whole party smile Seriously though, you can't heal people even in tower fights with open pvp.
WxCougar of KOTC
I highly support that fix. Makes being the party healer quite useless in those cases.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Ryan Dancey
In Early Enrollment v8 the Open PvP windows go away. Instead you have to Feud people to take their Towers. This change mostly fixes this problem (you'll only be "red" to members of the other Company, not your own Company).
Nihimon
I expect it will be fairly common for a while for folks in a Feuded Company to be fighting alongside allies who aren't part of the Feud.

Is the design intent to discourage this, encourage this, or is it agnostic? Specifically, should we expect the devs to eventually allow Healers in a Feuded Company to be able to heal an ally who is flagged because he's fighting alongside them?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
My guess is yes it's intended, and if not I think it should be. If you aren't dedicating your company to the feud via influence and the advantages/risks of doing so you should be suspect to some form of potential penalties, whether it's the inability to properly interact with friendlies or reputation hits.

Tho there are some weird fringe cases, I assume if two companies from the same settlement feud the same target company they can still flag red to each other? Maybe the eventual alliance system will give this some needed flexibility.

Honestly, company feuding is not really ideal for the type of conflict the game currently has ongoing, too many of the larger companies are split up in most cases, but it's better than nothing. Tho I suppose depending on how the feud costs scales it might just be tedious to feud all the desired targets but the influence cost might equal out.
Ryan Dancey
Ideally you should always have a "web of friendly interaction" that is a hierarchy:

1: Yourself
2: Your party
3: Your Company
4: Your Settlement
5: TBD

Within that web your character should usually treat the social graph as friendly. (there is some tricky logic here because we have to be careful about the person who socially engineers herself into the graph and then turns traitor; we cannot ASSUME that in all cases you would want to treat everyone in your graph as a friendly)

You should be able to apply beneficial effects to "friendlies" even if for some other reason you normally would not (i.e. they are flagged or have really low reputations or whatever).

In EE8 the only part of this graph that is working is the Company(*). I'm not sure what happens if you have a party that has characters from Companies that are feuding (but I'm writing an email about that right now. smile ) Members of your Company should always accept beneficial effects.

The next likely iteration of this system is to extend the social graph to Settlements so that you can heal anyone who shares a Settlement connection with you any time you wish.

(*) Open PvP is removed in EE8. So generally speaking you should be able to heal anyone, anywhere, unless they're "red" to your character.
Ryan Dancey
The next thing beyond beneficial effects we have to think about is PvP without reputation consequences.

I suspect that the iteration will be:

* Settlements can Feud other Settlements, and when they do so, every character in the opposing Settlement becomes a rep-free PvP target.

No eta at all on that though.
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
… (there is some tricky logic here because we have to be careful about the person who socially engineers herself into the graph and then turns traitor; we cannot ASSUME that in all cases you would want to treat everyone in your graph as a friendly)…

*makes a loud, fake cough*
Nihimon
Kitsune
*makes a loud, fake cough*

*reflexively ducks*
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Ryan Dancey
In Early Enrollment v8 the Open PvP windows go away. Instead you have to Feud people to take their Towers. This change mostly fixes this problem (you'll only be "red" to members of the other Company, not your own Company).
Will it? Because you aren't "red" to members of the same company now in tower windows, but you cannot heal them… It appears attacker flags are given out still but not recognized somehow until the window goes away. Everytime a window closes at tower capture I'm red. Presumeably because I aggressed during the open pvp, and never dropped the (invisible) flag. I think this also has something to do with the rep loss bug.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post