Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Sun glare bug

Tuoweit
Just noticed this: The glare of the sun shows through the roof of the taverns, perhaps related to the fact that the roofs themselves are insubstantial.
Kitsune
Tuoweit
Just noticed this: The glare of the sun shows through the roof of the taverns, perhaps related to the fact that the roofs themselves are insubstantial.

That's the fluorescent lighting, silly.
Nihimon
A Wizard did it.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tyncale
I think the "Moon-flare" could use it's own thread but since we have this thread I could mention it here. The Moon should not be so bright that i blinds you with the same type of flare as the sun. The Moon should be a soft light in the sky. Sometimes bright but with no flare.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tuoweit
Tyncale
I think the "Moon-flare" could use it's own thread but since we have this thread I could mention it here. The Moon should not be so bright that i blinds you with the same type of flare as the sun. The Moon should be a soft light in the sky. Sometimes bright but with no flare.

PFO Moon != RL Moon. Actually, I've heard someone say that the planet actually orbits a binary star, but my knowledge of these lore details is practically zero.
Kitsune
Rumor
the planet actually orbits a binary star

It makes sense! I will propagate this.
KarlBob
From what I understand, the moon is blindingly bright because it's just a palette-switched version of the sun.
Edam
On a related note - what I have never understood is the preference gamers have for lens flare effects even though supposedly they are not viewing the world through a camera.
Kitsune
Edam
On a related note - what I have never understood is the preference gamers have for lens flare effects even though supposedly they are not viewing the world through a camera.

For first person games, that would make more sense to not want the lens (after all, we normally don't see lens flare when looking into the sun, do we?). For third-person, where there is clearly a camera behind my character, it makes much more sense to have lens flare, and is a nice reminder that it's a camera, not intended to be representation of what my character sees.
Tink says Stab
It is also to do with replicating the cinematic experience in a lot of games. People are used to seeing lens flares in movies, and so some game developers add them to replicate that. Plus they look nice and add movement to otherwise static scenes.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post