Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Patcher has stopped working

HowardWdW
Getting this message when trying to load 8.2 for first time today.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
If your patcher gives you any flack at all, you're probably better off downloading a new installer then uninstalling and reinstalling.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
If you have problems with the Patcher, you'll need to kill it and restart it. I often find that a complete system restart works wonders in terms of getting a balky Patcher session to complete its update.

Also, it's very sensitive to network disconnects. If you're on a wifi connection you may want to consider hooking up an ethernet cable for the Patching session.
HowardWdW
Ok thanks. Uninstalled and am reinstalling atm
Kitsune
Ryan Dancey
If you have problems with the Patcher, you'll need to kill it and restart it. I often find that a complete system restart works wonders in terms of getting a balky Patcher session to complete its update.

Indeed. Most notably, if the patcher is in the middle of patching (patcher be patchin', yo!), simply "closing" it with the X will not stop it. It will continue to run in the background, doing who-knows-what (I would assume it's simply trying to complete it's current work before shutting down).

So, if you're comfortable with it, run Task Manager and kill the "patcher.exe" process. I fnot comfortable doing thi, then (as Ryan said), just restart the computer and try again.

And as the others have mentioned, if the patcher gives you fits, sometimes it might be best to just re-download the installer, and then uninstall, and then reinstall using the new installer.
Ryan Dancey
I think that all the benefit of an ininstall/reinstall is just time (packets timing out) and the killing of various zombie processess. You should see no difference between that lengthy operation and juat rebooting your computer.

I will also say that if you don't see a red line of text indicating an error, the Patcher is not hung. It is still working and it should be able to complete the update. Some people experience really lengthy patching sessions for reasons we don't understand, amd rebooting / reinstalling doesn't help.
HowardWdW
Have tried rebooting as well after the uninstall/reinstall and the patcher now seems to get "stuck" about half way complete (on data textures pig).
Kitsune
What the… looks like the new installers are not the full client download? smile
Drogon
I am still stuck…on my 3rd uninstall/reinstall cycle , can't get past textures.pig

Before the installers had most of the data and was easier to download with a status bar….now the new installer is very small in size and most of the download is using the patcher with no status report besides the current file name….I've been going for hours just hoping it finally finishes textures.pig so I know it is working and not just wasting my time…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Ryan Dancey
You are not stuck. The patcher is just taking a long time to do the integrity check on that file. Just let it run. Unless you see a red error message, the Patcher is working.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post