Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Patcher has stopped working

Caldeathe Baequiannia
There's a good chance Ryan is right. It occurs to me that in my earlier advice to uninstall, I neglected to specifically say to delete the pathfinder folder. Uninstalling does not remove a number of files that could conceivably have gotten damaged in a hard-drive glitch.

If you've waited more than an hour for the patcher, without any apparent progress, I'd suggest quitting, restarting to make sure there is no active process, uninstall, delete the pathfinder folder completely, then do a fresh install.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Kitsune
Caldeathe Baequiannia
If you've waited more than an hour for the patcher, without any apparent progress.

Unless you have a terrible internet connection, in which case it'll take a lot longer to download 1.8GB. Or, if it's true that the patcher downloads uncompressed versions of the files, then more like 5.0GB because they're no longer providing a full installer via download now…
Ryan Dancey
Unless you see a red error message telling you the patcher has encountered an error, just let it run. Overnight if necessary.
HowardWdW
Just FYI I followed all suggestions and let the patcher run and eventually it did complete. Thanks for the help.
Kitsune
HowardWdW
Just FYI I followed all suggestions and let the patcher run and eventually it did complete. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for reporting back your success. See you in-game!
BLT
I have an actual Error Message. Every time I get to the Terrain files I get an error that says "operation has Timed Out" and then it wont load any more. This is during the initial installation of the game.
Ryan Dancey
That happens most often when you are using an internet connection that drops a lot of packets, often wifi. Terminate the Patcher and restart it. Keep doing that until it completes the update. If you can, directly connect tomyour router with an ethernet cable.
MacStern
Ive joined the 15 day free trial but patcher crashes immediately upon opening. I get no information as to why. Have unintalled and reinstalled three times including reboots for each time. Have tried running the game as an admin still no good. Whats next on the list?
Giorgio
MacStern, contact customer support directly:

customer.support@goblinworks.com
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
MacStern
I would but it does nothing as well. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post