Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Percentage Based Heals

Seraph
Hey all, just wanted to give some first-impression feedback on the new percentage based heals.

Love the idea. EPow/EPro will maintain the fact that your heals are more effective against lower geared players, which feels right. Having it be a percentage means it scales with you, so that even when you have tons of hit points, minor cure will stay competitive and useful. I think this is a very good direction, big fan of this design. I'm looking forward to this being applied to healing expendables as well.

That said, I'm a little surprised 20% is the value used for minor cure. I'm a cleric, probably a fairly average T2 cleric with T2+2 armor and level 4 minor cure. I have about 1100 hp, so minor cure does about 220 (incidentally what it had in EE6). In EE7 it did 300, and it won't do 300 again until I have 1500 hp, which I probably won't have until T3.

My feedback is that if you want to keep the feat about as powerful as it was before, it should be 25%. This would be about 275 for me and 300 once I get to 1200 hp, which is within reach of T2.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Tink says Stab
Healing nerfs makes me a sad panda. I feel like T2 Cleric was just right before.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Decius
Healing changes mean that higher hp characters tank better. It's not to the point that a high hp high resistance high defense character is needed yet (except I haven't tested the elementals), so making choices have more effects is still good.
Stilachio Thrax
I'm not sure. My Channel Positive Energy (rank 2) is supposed to heal 25% according to its tooltip. In T2+2 armor, it now heals 91 hp- down from about 108 before, and considerably less than the 312 hp it should be healing based on the tooltip. Lesser Cure and Augment also are healing less, both with T2+2 implements.

/Rant on: This is quite possibly the worst conceived and obfuscated healing system I have ever encountered. The tabletop game has a system that, while not perfect, makes sense and does what it says it will do. Its all well and good to want to have complex systems in the game, but healing shouldn't be one of them. /rantoff
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Nihimon
Stilachio Thrax
My Channel Positive Energy (rank 2) is supposed to heal 25% according to its tooltip. In T2+2 armor, it now heals 91 hp- down from about 108 before, and considerably less than the 312 hp it should be healing based on the tooltip.

Utility Keywords are not working. Your Effect Power is probably significantly less than it ought to be.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Seraph
Yeah, channel positive will definitely be because of utility EPow/EPro. Even if you matched both keywords though, in your armor you'd be getting -50% effectiveness and at best it would heal 156 hp. Right now your EPow is 0, meaning -70% effectiveness, which puts you right at 91.

I like the math. I just didn't expect Minor Cure to drop back to EE6 levels and was wondering if this was a deliberate balance decision to make it heal less than before for T2+2 characters.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
asuranshadow
I agree, the T2 cleric heal amounts of EE7 were far preferable to what we have in 8. And of all the classes to choose to nerf, Cleric really shouldn't be a target for the nerf bat right now…
Edam
Nihimon
Stilachio Thrax
My Channel Positive Energy (rank 2) is supposed to heal 25% according to its tooltip. In T2+2 armor, it now heals 91 hp- down from about 108 before, and considerably less than the 312 hp it should be healing based on the tooltip.

Utility Keywords are not working. Your Effect Power is probably significantly less than it ought to be.

Were the utility keywords fixed in 8.2 or are we still at the point were level 3 or 4 channels do minimal healing to anyone not in peasant clothes ?
Nihimon
I don't remember seeing any notes that Utility Keywords were fixed.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post