Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

WHOIS

Elsworth Sugarfoot
One of the commands I always loved in the old MuD days was the Whois command. You could type it in and get some stats on the player which company they are in and a personal description (that the player could write or not). Would be really nice to type in the chat box /whois elsworth sugarfoot

and see

Company: Nightcrawlers
Settlement: Golgotha
Description: A better class of criminal. (or whatever 200-400 characters you want to type here)

perhaps even have some other ranks or worldwide achievements that might show up.
Daeglin
I think that's a pretty good idea. Only issue I see is that GW probably doesn't have the manpower to police an editable description field for the stuff people could put in it. Maybe physical description stats from character creation page, or most recent achievement, or highest achievement until they do.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Rynnik
Daeglin
Maybe physical description stats from character creation page, or most recent achievement, or highest achievement until they do.

If they do it I hope they do it with an 'opt out' toggle for those of us who would rather not share stats or achievement information.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Daeglin
I shouldn't have used the word stats. I meant the physical description choices from character creation (eye color, hair color etc)
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Nihimon
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Would be really nice to type in the chat box /whois elsworth sugarfoot

and see

Company: Nightcrawlers
Settlement: Golgotha

+1

Maybe add in the Character's Reputation and Company Rank.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Daeglin
I shouldn't have used the word stats. I meant the physical description choices from character creation (eye color, hair color etc)

Gotcha. Yah, that makes more sense.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Quijenoth Starkiller
something like this would be much better…

Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Tink says Stab
They never get the nose right…
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tuoweit
Why would someone want a live Flynn Pontis? smile
Flynn Pontis
Only good Pontius is a dead Pontius

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post