Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Access Error

Mbando
I'm crashing often in this build, and each one is a variation of the same access violation: "Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation" (or 00000000, 00000020, etc). For example:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.3.3f1_5505]

Pathfinder.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Pathfinder.exe at 0023:003e600f.

Error occurred at 2014-08-28_235202.
D:\Program Files (x86)\Pathfinder Online\Pathfinder.exe, run by Mandos.
93% memory in use.
4041 MB physical memory [260 MB free].
0 MB paging file [760 MB free].
0 MB user address space [105 MB free].
Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x00000008 ESI: 0xac9d36e4 EAX: 0x00000008
EBX: 0xac9d37dc ECX: 0xac9d36e4 EDX: 0xffffffff
EIP: 0x003e600f EBP: 0x00fedea0 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x00fedea0 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 10 8b 49 04 89 48 04 5d c3 cc cc cc cc cc cc
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Ryan Dancey
Speculating: Game client may be trying to load a lot of stuff into RAM prior to entering a new hex and running out of available memory and failing to be able to request more.

That's an exception that occurs when a program tries to access memory that it doesn't have permission to access.

Have you tried running a RAM tester to make sure your RAM is all ok?

Have you tried running the app as Administrator (that shouldn't actually help, but it can't hurt to try)

Are you using the most up-to-date drivers for your videocard?
Ryan Dancey
Also, try running at a lower graphic setting. That will reduce the amount of RAM the game tries to use.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Is there any way to tell it to use more ram?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Many, many people are crashing often in this build. I was crashing particularly when I sprint across a hex border, sprint anywhere but often when mobs were near or I was running between groups, and many times right when I entered a town. Then there were the "for no appaernt reason" crashes. I can't say that they are all reasons similar to Mbando's report, but it seems mostly to be an issue in the new client.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Mbando
Ryan,
1) I will run another RAM test.
2) I tried multiple resolutions, starting at the highest (fantastic?) and going lower and lower. It did seem to help to go to a lower resolution.
Mbando
Ryan:
1) I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool: no errors.
2) I have updated drivers for my card.
3) I will try to run as administrator.
4) Ordered more RAM, and will see if that helps.
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of crash reports coming in and hopefully we will find a common cause and can get this fixed. We really appreciate everyone who is suffering with this issue and we are going to fix it ASAP.
JoJampa
Ah .. that reminds me, I have another batch I should have submitted smile
Bringslite
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of crash reports coming in and hopefully we will find a common cause and can get this fixed. We really appreciate everyone who is suffering with this issue and we are going to fix it ASAP.

Yeah. This is all par for the course. I don't mean to come across harsh. Since I have "0" knowledge or skill in these techs, it is magical that you have achieved what you have here. This kind of stuff is natural and expected. Still really appreciate that you are responsive and "on it". smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post