Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

DC vs. Xout

Drogon
I am not sure if this is intended or not but it is something that has bothered me for awhile.

If someone Disconnects or gets booted from the game (DC's) then their toon stays in the world to be killed by mobs and/or other players. If someone intentionally quits the game (Xout) then their toon almost instantly disappears and can no longer be killed by other players and/or mobs.

I think it should be standard one way or the other for both situations. The person who DC's mid fight is bound to die yet the person who X's out to avoid death is rewarded by evading death. I don't think that is fair.

I am not partial to having it either way, I just think it should be uniform in both situations.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
One is the result of an intentionally sent command, which the server knows is a disconnect. The other is the result of the server not being having contact with your client for longer than the limit they set. If they set it too short, people would get kicked all the time due to network latency, and be angry about having to log back in after every hiccough.

The predominant crowdforging request is that people who quit are forced to spend additional time in game, especially if they were under attack at the moment the "quit" command is sent, or within a few seconds after, perhaps even letting that interrupt the "quit". That is likely to be a future change, but no ETA.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The predominant crowdforging request is that people who quit are forced to spend additional time in game, especially if they were under attack at the moment the "quit" command is sent, or within a few seconds after, perhaps even letting that interrupt the "quit". That is likely to be a future change, but no ETA.

Just do not type "OK guys logging out now see you later" in general as you quit smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post