Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

OGG

Drogon
So I as listening in to Paizocon live and I posed the question if the spawn rate for OGG was the home hex + 1 other random place or just 1 OGG in the world. The answer I was given was that OGG should only be on one place at any given time and that there was a bug they were investigation that allowed OGG to spawn in another spot. I always thought this was intended, OGG home plus 1. They say they want it to be only one OGG. This is the home hex in the SE. I would like to see this changed by putting something else in the SE home hex and making OGG a single random spawn that could show up anywhere in the world but only one at a time.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I think a better answer is that if Ogg spawns elsewhere, the escalation should abandon the home hex, effectively leaving an orphan in place until defeated. Then when the spawn is defeated, the Ogg could return to its home. That might be complex and have to wait for a while. It would be good for the same to be true of all escalation bosses that have unique characteristics.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
+1 to roaming Ogg; when chased away from his home stomping grounds, he has a chance to wander elsewhere in the 72 hours before he comes home.

I wonder if the bug of multiple appearances might be related to the described two-pass system, where each hex iterates through and determines how they will change before any of them implement that change. Does a hex decrement the number of Ogg on the table when it decides that it is going to be Ogg on the first pass, or on the second pass when it becomes Ogg?

If it wasn't always being done at server uptime, the behavior would probably never be noticed.
Bob
The way Ogg is set up, what should happen is that Ogg bounces between his home hex and a random hex. If he's defeated in his home hex, he should be blocked from respawning there for 72 hours. During that time, he's pretty likely to spawn somewhere else. By the time he's defeated at that other location, his home hex will hopefully have run through its 72 hour fallow time, so he should respawn there within an hour. There are a couple bugs keeping it from operating exactly that way, but at least his current behavior spawns him out of his home hex once in a while.
Edam
Yeah Ogg is at home pretty much 24/7.

Though he is more an annoyance to have around than than an advantage. He drops very poor loot compared to other escalations of similar difficulty and has annoyingly long quests that barely reduce the escalation level.
Drogon
I also believe him to be more of an annoyance than a benefit in his current position. What is the motivation to try and take him out from his home hex at 100% only to have him repop there at server up the next day because fallow time is still bugged? Sounds like a whole bunch of man hours that just get wasted…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post