Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

New Player Escalations near Thornkeep

Rynnik
Bob,

It appears as though the new monster hexes near Thornkeep are spreading and starting to be a bit of a pain in the vicinity of KB. It is starting to motivate non-new players to go and stomp them out which of course would have the negative effect of meaning they aren't available for new players as they join the game. Is there any way that spread and infecting could be turned off just for those new player monster hexes?

No idea if that is in the realm of possible but it might make more sense given their intended purpose.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Bob
The two new monster hexes to the south and east of Thornkeep are restricted to Mini-Escalations. Those do spread faster than normal escalations, but they also never get very strong and can only spread to a total of 4 hexes each. Also, the mobs they spawn are pretty low level, so they're not significantly worse to have around than the default mobs. In fact, they may even make life easier for new players since there won't be any random Duergar or Elementals in hexes infected by Mini-Escalations.

As a side note, I have toned down their spread rates to better match the rates they had before EE8 (when they stopped dropping in strength naturally, but that will only make a small difference.
Rynnik
Okay, fair enough! Thank-you for the response.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Bob
On further reflection, it looks like it will be okay for me to lower the spread rates even further for the mini-escalations, so I'm going to go ahead and do that for EE9. They'll still occasionally spread very quickly if their neighbors were already partially infected, but it will usually be 3-4 days before they spread at all.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post