Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Can't move or talk to people without crashing.

unokitsune
My character is stuck in Thornkeep. I can't move or talk to people or message people without significant lag and then crashing. My latest crash is 2015-05-26-164348 error. I use Windows Vista 32 bit on a 2007 desktop computer. I have over 40 GB of free hard drive space. I have 4 GB of ram but I don't know if I can go to 8. Somebody please help me because I can't get on Mumble either because of a seperate issue.

My settings are on the lowest possible setting. I want the option to remove trees shrubbery distance npc view etc… or at least the ability to play on my vista computer.
Edam
unokitsune
My character is stuck in Thornkeep. I can't move or talk to people or message people without significant lag and then crashing. My latest crash is 2015-05-26-164348 error. I use Windows Vista 32 bit on a 2007 desktop computer. I have over 40 GB of free hard drive space. I have 4 GB of ram but I don't know if I can go to 8. Somebody please help me because I can't get on Mumble either because of a seperate issue.

My settings are on the lowest possible setting. I want the option to remove trees shrubbery distance npc view etc… or at least the ability to play on my vista computer.

You cannot run the game on a 32 bit Windows without modifying the memory allocated to applications using BCEDIT.

This thread in the support forums that tells you how to do it.
unokitsune
I did that and I still crash. In fact I notice nothing different from when I didn't do that.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
2007 is quite mature. The system is far from properly optimized at this stage, and is hard on computers.

I'd try installing a program like Open Hardware Monitor to see what your CPU and Video are doing temperature-wise, and whether they are pinning at 100% for long periods. It's possible one or the other (most likely CPU, as video would generally manifest in a different fashion) is simply not up to the task, and is overheating and killing the process. Reports are that if you have an AMD CPU, it is more likely to have trouble.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
unokitsune
I really don't want to download anything after that mumble incident right now. I think I'm going to take it in sometime this week to Last Stop Computer over on 6th Avenue Tacoma WA and see what they can do to at least give me some kind of gamer friendly computer. I have too much on here and unless I can find my two disks for embroidery program since I moved, I wont' be able to use a new computer especially since I can't afford one.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
You might ask around among friends and family. A lot of people go through computers every two or three years. Also, it's possible a local university or college has a surplus assets program, where relatively recent hardware is available quite inexpensively. You'd probably need a tech savvy person to take advantage of something like that.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
Please run dxdiag.exe and paste the output into an email sent to customer.support@goblinworks.com.
Azure_Zero
I'll be releasing a Guide for 32-bit Windows users that should fix the problem, and free up more resources for PFO.
It'll be released in June, first Via a video File, then Youtube.

The HRC will be getting the first view on Coalroad.com, so I can fix things before public the major release.

And there are beneficial side effects for using the guide, and they will be mentioned in the video.
Azure_Zero
If you want there is an Early version of the guide up on Coalroad.com for now.
It'll be updated and fixed a bit more later, included next to the video file is another guide for PFO.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post