Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

P2W Concerns

Brighthaven Leader
It is basically the same person on about 30 threads and 20+ websites and major/small blogs. I will leave it up to you all to figure out who it is. (Hint its very easy to figure it out)
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Tyncale
But that could be your biggest goal in the game then, Midnight. To once take control of a Settlement, either by Diplomacy, Intrigue or Force. Or Pioneer a new settlement when the landmass gets expanded. Settlements at some point *must* become a fluid asset; else the game will not reach its potential.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Bringslite
Of the individuals starting negative PfO threads at every opportunity(That being any time Ryan or a Dev posts a comment that is accessible), it is usually a matter of taking and twisting the comments. They take them, out of context, put some jelly on them and start a thread. These people are actually just a few to maybe 1/2 dozen that I can see.

After that, there are plenty of posters that will jump in to remark on how terrible those things are. They have no idea if the flame thread is accurate and honest. They do not care. They pile in to comment possibly because they agree that those things are (would be if accurate) terrible policies. Some pile in just because they want to be seen and read.

There are plenty of criticisms about the state of the game that are valid. Not many will want to play AND pay for a game at this stage. I don't argue with those. I just try to let them know that is fine. Then I try to find some that want to try it for free and decide for themselves.

Look at Fanndis/Harden Steele. He has passed out hundreds of Trial Keys. True the subscribers from that effort are a low %, but that number is higher than zero. The power is in the numbers. Some will stick and some will see potential and come back later. I put little stock in the belief that most will try it now and never come back because of the experience. I believe they will see the potential and watch, waiting for more polish.

I have no problem trying to improve PR at these sites. Not because Ryan asked us to help, but because I want to see the game grow.

On the other hand, much could be improved (PR wise) if the models were changed a bit. I am not privy to the GW financial report. I don't know if that is even possible. If it is, I will pledge not to go ballistic if the entry and price are lowered or the Free Trial is lengthened to 30 days. My main concern is that the game grow and realize the potential that I saw in it a cpl years ago.

Edit: In 30 days a player can see some T2. They have time to form some bonds. They have time to get hooked. 15 days is not enough for an individual with a real life. 15 play sessions might be.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Flea
Bringslite
They have time to get hooked. 15 days is not enough for an individual with a real life. 15 play sessions might be.

Real life… was that available thru the Kickstarter? If so, I didn't see it and I didn't get one!
Hobson Fiffledown
With my two smallholdings, I have already won the game. You all can go home now. Feel free to transfer all the fancy recipes and settlement account to me on your way out.
This space for rent.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
On the other hand, much could be improved (PR wise) if the models were changed a bit. I am not privy to the GW financial report. I don't know if that is even possible. If it is, I will pledge not to go ballistic if the entry and price are lowered or the Free Trial is lengthened to 30 days.
As long as it's handled with sensitivity, I'd support this, too. 30 days trials sound good. Even a new account that carries no or dramatically reduced fee until OE, but wipes at OE unless they back-purchase all the intervening time, or that gains XP at a reduced rate (a $5 account that only gets 25 XP/hour or a free-to-play that only gets 10 XP/hour). Again, a lot of those are going to cause the regular accounts to get labelled P2W, so may not be great options.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the "Alpha/Platinum" server open access, even if just for a few months?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Kitsune
Hobson Fiffledown
With my two smallholdings, I have already won the game. You all can go home now. Feel free to transfer all the fancy recipes and settlement account to me on your way out.

Oh, man, you've got me beat! I only have a smallholding and a base camp. I guess I'll go pack my things.
Tink says Stab
I don't have anything. I don't even have my own holding. I have clearly lost the game smile
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tink says Stab
Cheatle for TEO
It is basically the same person on about 30 threads and 20+ websites and major/small blogs. I will leave it up to you all to figure out who it is. (Hint its very easy to figure it out)

Is it me?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Kitsune
Tinkerton
I don't have anything. I don't even have my own holding. I have clearly lost the game smile

Of course! Because, according to all this amazing journalism throughout the blogosphere: if you do not buy add-on stuff (like smallholdings) from the Goblinworks store, you'll never be great at PFO, and you'll always lose.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post