Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Azlanti Stones

Gromzok
I hope these veteran rewards never get implemented…
This is a cheap way of getting people to stay subscribed but i would never want to have this kind of advantage over others and i would never want others to have this kind of advantage over me.
If anything stuff like these will just make me unsubscribe.
Abierzen
I can't understand any of you whom are complaining. Yes, understandably there may be some issue w/ best-use time of the DEVs … But he'll, they had to come up w/ something – I common complaint of PFO players (and potential players whom are awaiting more content) have been screaming about a lack of content. There also have been several who have been suggesting Veteran Rewards of some type.

This solves all of our issues in a rather unique way that other MMOs have tackled these issues.

1- Actual rewards that are usable, quasi-craftable and they aren't just cosmetic – one more reason that those on the fence might actually climb down and try this game.

2- Limited Escalations. Every naysayer really should be ashamed of themselves. What's not to like? A bit more variety and constant monthly changes – we've been screaming at the top of our lungs that there were to few escalations and we are getting outright bored and burned out doing the same ones over and over again. Those of you whom are complaining about have more variety are outright hypocrites and no better than those who troll other sites & forums w/ there gossip why this game is horrible and worthless. Get a frak'n life. We've all been asking to finally get some variety in our daily duties. Stop being petty hypocrites!!!

Your whole worthless pathetic argument hinders on the DEVs wasting time on this and not better things they could be doing. GUESS WHAT YOU HYPOCRITES!?!? How are they wasting time when we have been bloody screaming murder for our so-called 'crowdforing' voices have practically all been begging for changes like this.

Hell… A monthly variety escalation …. Not too much to waste – the DEVS already have a basic setup – all they really have to do is change a bunch of numbers (variables) and possibly add some more art. It's not like they just out-of-the-blue through in something utterly different here. And what's even better about this!?!? We get to kill two birds w/ one stone by solving a HUGE 'Crowdforging' topic by adding more achievements and ways to build Influence – and we are able to do it w/out having to completely rewrite another textbook in PFO Game Mechanics.

Yes, I've been very vocal recently about a lot of BS which have been thrown out at us. Finally, the DEVS are beginning to solve real problems that we all have been screaming to fix. I applaud that our grips are really being thought about and put to serious tasking. Will there be missteps w/ these (or other future calls to hear our collective voices) – probably – the the fact of the matter is they are finally listening and are trying to find solutions to things we feel that needs attention to.

There's actually signs of Hope from these DEVs. Are we still a long way off from fully imaging these world as discussed in the Kickstarter – oh, hell yea? But today, I (and I bet many others, have finally started to see the DEVs start creating something we believe in and not just whatever pops into the DEVs head.

Thank you DEVs for finally standing up and take notice of your Backers.
After living the life as a U.S. government face of the public I have learned very well that the only way most people will really take notice is if you Speakly Loudly AND Carry an even bigger Stick (or Dagger or Greatclub or the Grandest Greatsword any dwarf would die and live out all of their greatest fantasies with).

MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(FR)
Sheila Silverwind, Commander Excelsior (Free Highlanders)
AlexanderDamocles
Abierzen
Hell… A monthly variety escalation …. Not too much to waste – the DEVS already have a basic setup – all they really have to do is change a bunch of numbers (variables) and possibly add some more art.

In order to get a new class in, they just need to change a bunch of numbers (attacks) and possibly add some more art (armor sets).

Creating a new escalation isn't something that can be done in their spare time. If they could, they would. Adding new escalations is good. Adding escalations with a limited used lifetime, not good. Because if we get a new escalation a month, after 5 months, we have 5 new escalations, yay variety! If we get time limited escalations, in 5 months, we have….one new escalation to handle.

Please don't be so demeaning of other people's opinions, it really cheapens any point you tried to make.
Gromzok
They should fix existing roles before adding new ones.
Abierzen
AlexanderDamocles
Abierzen
Hell… A monthly variety escalation …. Not too much to waste – the DEVS already have a basic setup – all they really have to do is change a bunch of numbers (variables) and possibly add some more art.

In order to get a new class in, they just need to change a bunch of numbers (attacks) and possibly add some more art (armor sets).

Creating a new escalation isn't something that can be done in their spare time. If they could, they would. Adding new escalations is good. Adding escalations with a limited used lifetime, not good. Because if we get a new escalation a month, after 5 months, we have 5 new escalations, yay variety! If we get time limited escalations, in 5 months, we have….one new escalation to handle.

Please don't be so demeaning of other people's opinions, it really cheapens any point you tried to make.

The hell it can't. If it couldn't be done then how is it that the DEVs are actually doing it. Hell… The DEVs were able to spend their spare time at PaizoCon, and rightly so. My comments goes directly to the very hypocrites who all said we need some real change is this drudgery … Then when it happens all you can real whine about is that they are wasting there time. Read the definition of a hypocrite … This clearly is an example of it.
After living the life as a U.S. government face of the public I have learned very well that the only way most people will really take notice is if you Speakly Loudly AND Carry an even bigger Stick (or Dagger or Greatclub or the Grandest Greatsword any dwarf would die and live out all of their greatest fantasies with).

MC1 Donald P. Rule, USN(FR)
Sheila Silverwind, Commander Excelsior (Free Highlanders)
Rynnik
Mr. Rule you need to back down because, bro, you are mad and it is making you sound like an ass. Go for a walk or something then try coming back and reviewing the thread, kay?

That said I mostly agree that the escalation switch-up could be perfectly fine. When I read that part of the announcement I was thinking for a month Ogg art spawns with quests stolen from Elementals, loot from Duegar, and Divine achievements with a cleric expendable boss. Mix as desired. TBH I mostly saw that change as irrelevant, low impact, low dev cost, and a nice mix for those actually farming enough to get burned out on current escalation cycles.

I really did intend this thread to be a discussion for just the issue of the Azlanti Stones themselves rather then the entire veteran reward blog. There are a few topics there to hash through - this thread is for that one in particular please.

I am curious what problem people think Azlanti stones could possibly solve in the game? I'm not seeing it.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Rynnik
I am curious what problem people think Azlanti stones could possibly solve in the game? I'm not seeing it.

I heard they where looking for a new way to make the currently useless tokens we have viable. perhaps this is phase one of that.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Quijenoth Starkiller
AlexanderDamocles

Perhaps you should take a look at the new art of PFO video before comparing resource time for art. https://vimeo.com/129255835

I would also certainly hope they do more with classes than simply cookie cut them from existing ones too.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Tink says Stab
Building a thematically appropriate mechanical set for new roles is also a lot more than just changing a bunch of numbers. Roles should be evocative, and that takes design time.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Drogon
I think that the stones could be a cool thing to have…even new players after a single month would get one for themselves…. On the other hand I am crossing my fingers that EE9 has way more to offer than just stones….that would be a sad patch day indeed….. I thought the talk was that towers would be gone ee9 and the blog just mentions one change and then skips ahead to ee10 which I thought was supposed to be UI Polish …..

Bring on Dungeons or better PVP … Anything that gives us more variety and I don't think a monthly escalation rotation is very game changing….same game different monster to beat down….

Why wouldn't you want a speed buff to be available to the stones Rynnik?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post