Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Azlanti Stones

Stilachio Thrax
Lee Hammock
So say we did a unique duergar escalation event. That could reward a unique model hammer (making a new hammer model is relatively simple since we already have all the animations necessary, but making a crossbow is a pain since we don't have the animations) that functions as a fairly standard low-end T2 hammer but is unique in terms of appearance. It would have durability like everything else so over time they would be come rarer as they go out of circulation. Even easier would be doing something like a ring or brooch once we have the passive item bonuses up and running as that only needs an icon art wise. The items are being designed such that they are useful for a starting to low-mid character and more of an appearance/vanity item for higher level characters.

Lee, would it be possible to have weapon or armor cosmetics, so I could apply a unique armor appearance to my existing weapon or armor? It would still slowly work out of circulation from decay, but would allow the reward to actually be useful beyond the low-mid level range.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Tink says Stab
You could work it into that Armour Customization Kit thing that was talked about during the Paizocon Art presentation.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyncale
I am alll for being able to loot a unique *skin* but I am against being able to loot a Ring that is useful for its stats for a lowbie. That's one Tier 1 ring sold less and the tier 1 market is already dead. smile

To be honest, I hardly see any market for most of the Tier 1 slots, ever, exept weapons, implements and armor. People are Tier 1 for like 1 month, who is going to buy a Tier 1 +3 Ring with +6 HP as enchantment that still only has a single keyword anyway?

I think tier 1 should take longer, while T2 should take shorter, but that is totally besides the point. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Lee Hammock
Stilachio Thrax
Lee Hammock
So say we did a unique duergar escalation event. That could reward a unique model hammer (making a new hammer model is relatively simple since we already have all the animations necessary, but making a crossbow is a pain since we don't have the animations) that functions as a fairly standard low-end T2 hammer but is unique in terms of appearance. It would have durability like everything else so over time they would be come rarer as they go out of circulation. Even easier would be doing something like a ring or brooch once we have the passive item bonuses up and running as that only needs an icon art wise. The items are being designed such that they are useful for a starting to low-mid character and more of an appearance/vanity item for higher level characters.

Lee, would it be possible to have weapon or armor cosmetics, so I could apply a unique armor appearance to my existing weapon or armor? It would still slowly work out of circulation from decay, but would allow the reward to actually be useful beyond the low-mid level range.

I would love to be able to do that actually, but right now we don't have any tech for it.
Duffy Swiftshadow
As long as the rewards aren't super common it sounds like the escalation stuff should be fine, just some variety and a little bling here and there. Sounds cool to me.

The stones still sound really troubling, and perhaps us players don't really have a good idea where enchanting and things like rings are going, but if they are going to be stat sticks I strongly recommend you rethink it and take a look at what has happened to similar style itemization in other games. It's really not something I think fits well with the current PFO itemization we see in game.
Gromzok
Duffy Swiftshadow
As long as the rewards aren't super common it sounds like the escalation stuff should be fine, just some variety and a little bling here and there. Sounds cool to me.

The stones still sound really troubling, and perhaps us players don't really have a good idea where enchanting and things like rings are going, but if they are going to be stat sticks I strongly recommend you rethink it and take a look at what has happened to similar style itemization in other games. It's really not something I think fits well with the current PFO itemization we see in game.
I completely agree we got too many time gates for new players already adding 1 more will just turn off a bunch of people from even trying the game…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post