Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Bug with creating a Feud with a small company and then stacking the company to attack

Brighthaven Leader
Devs,
Tonight a small company declared a feud on a larger company, then stacked that company within mins/hours after declared feud with more members. I believe this to be a bug within the game design something that needs to be fixed ASAP. Since a small company can declare a feud and then stack with more members it is completely bypassing huge influence costs, essentially gaming the system, and making the feud mechanic almost worthless.

Imagine this: A 6 man company makes a feud with a 50 man company, then stacks in 20-30 members, how much influence are they bypassing (and not losing)? A lot over hundred, maybe even hundreds. I reiterate, this is something that needs to be changed ASAP.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Midnight
With the feuding bug, anyone feuding is going to lose ALL their influence, so there isn't much motive to cut your influence expense through the tactic you described, today. Whether it costs 80 or 100 to feud a company, you'll lose ALL YOUR influence.

It is an issue that needs fixing, but is always going to be a moot point UNTIL feuds don't eat all your influence.

So, I agree with what you wrote except the ASAP part. What needs to be fixed FIRST is feuds eating ALL your influence.

After THAT is fixed, the issue you describe is fixable with a simple "Don't Do That" post by Ryan while they figure out a software approach to the game mechanic.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Kitsune
Midnight
With the feuding bug, anyone feuding is going to lose ALL their influence, so there isn't much motive to cut your influence expense through the tactic you described, today. Whether it costs 80 or 100 to feud a company, you'll lose ALL OUR influence.

I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal if you only have a tiny amount of influence to begin with, and plan to lose it all anyway?
Tuoweit
Midnight
With the feuding bug, anyone feuding is going to lose ALL their influence, so there isn't much motive to cut your influence expense through the tactic you described, today. Whether it costs 80 or 100 to feud a company, you'll lose ALL YOUR influence.

But it costs far less effort to build up to another feud afterwards if you can make it cost 50 influence instead of 150.
Banesama
Easiest way I see to prevent this exploit is to make it where a Company cannot accept any applicants while in a Feud or setup for a Feud.
"I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four."
Walter Slovotsky
Tabomo
Then, people will just switch before declaring the Feud. Currently, the "easy switch" mechanism cuts both ways, because defending allies can also switch to the defending company to help in that regard. They either need to make company switches take 24 hours to process (which HEAVILY favors the attacker), or do nothing and let both sides benefit. There is no easy way to "fix" it.
Phyllain
They could just make it s that once you declare a feud, and have a feud declared on you no one can join or leave.
Drogon
Phyllain
They could just make it s that once you declare a feud, and have a feud declared on you no one can join or leave.

This seems like the easiest fix
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Phyllain

This seems like the easiest fix
Yep. And in a more complex, finished, version, allow other companies to pay to join the feud, perhaps at a reduced cost, perhaps with the cost being based on the new feud size minus the existing investment. (leaving the details to those with a better grasp of the mechanics.)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Smitty
Not sure about telling a company they cant recruit for two days. Or someone locking out that company by fueding it continuously with multiple companies.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post