Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Fixing the Feud Mechanic so it can not be gamed

Brighthaven Leader
Currently you can declare a feud with 6 people with little cost, and then stack that company with members and attack, bypassing huge influence costs. I believe that this needs to be fixed, tonight I witnessed a smaller company feud a larger, then stack with numbers, after the attack they begin to remove members back to other companies.

Since you can create a feud as long as 48 hours and attack twice on someone's PvP window, there needs to be a mechanic that constantly takes numbers into account after the feud has been declared.

Personally, I would like to see a company be locked out of gaining new members while they have feuded someone. Please post your ideas below.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Whatever the fix is I would like to see it so that it makes company churn unnecessary. Such as having all of your allied companies also count to the tower and all unallied companies be red (or all allies of the feuded company).
Elsworth Sugarfoot
delete
Midnight
Cheatle for TEO
Personally, I would like to see a company be locked out of gaining new members while they have feuded someone. Please post your ideas below.

I'd like to see that too.

What we also need to consider is whether defenders should or shouldn't be allowed to grow members after someone has announced a feud. It's late at night, so I'm not sure where my opinion on that will fall, until I ponder it a bit. But it needs to be considered, including the ways it could be gamed.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Whatever the fix is I would like to see it so that it makes company churn unnecessary. Such as having all of your allied companies also count to the tower and all unallied companies be red (or all allies of the feuded company).

I'm going to disagree UNLESS there is a serious influence cost to maintain each alliance.

Just blue-ing up everyone to get influence free PvP will completely undo the meaningfulness of influence.

Imagine that 300 of my closest friends decide to play PFO tomorrow. On day 1 with zero influence they'd be able to glom onto tons of PvP just by being allied to a big settlement that is fighting. Why require influence for feuding if alliances let nearly everyone glom onto the battles? If glomming your way into PvP through alliances were the way it would work, then influence should only be about maintaining holdings and outposts, and NOT affect the PvP aspects of the game like feuds.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
That would be the War mechanic.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
We're at war…
Kitsune
"This is WAR, Peacock!"
Brighthaven Leader
There is a big difference here, were at war without the war mechanic or allied mechanic, those features are coming later. Right now people show up to defend holdings, they lose reputation as a consequence, if they fix that mechanic it is also going to affect everything that includes pking outside of feud mechanics.

The inherent problem I currently see is that feuds may be…not the correct mechanic, it may actually be a design that we don't need, here is why:

The problem here is that when you declare a feud you might as well be declaring war.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Midnight
deleted. decided not to give people ideas.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post