Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Fixing the Feud Mechanic so it can not be gamed

Phyllain
People ID more with the city they are in then the company. At least that's how EoX is can't speak for other groups. Minus AGC, they def ID more as AGC then as members of KB.
Aeryx
Phyllain
People ID more with the city they are in then the company. At least that's how EoX is can't speak for other groups. Minus AGC, they def ID more as AGC then as members of KB.

That's definitely how it is for the majority of Day 1 players. In the long term, I'm hoping company affiliation becomes more important. Wanting to stay tied to a specific company could prevent some of the "company hopping" we see now (since only settlement affiliation really matters currently).
Midnight
Rather than providing us with loyalty rewards for paying subscriptions, maybe they should convert those to rewards for company and settlement loyalty. :-)
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
So the current optimal feud mechanic is create 6 x 1000 point alts and bank up some influence with them, declare a feud, move some heavy hitters in and then when its all over disband the company, delete the alts and start all over again with new alts and a new company ?
Phyllain
That would be pretty optimal.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Phyllain
That would be pretty optimal.
I'm trying to resist for the good of the game, but it's barely in the ball park.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tink says Stab
It's actually technically more optimal than you would think. You don't disband the company at the end. You take a tower with each of those 1000xp alt companies, you remove all but 1 1000xp alt, and you make sure to keep an eye on incoming feuds.

Congratulations, you now have each of your towers costing any enemies a huge amount of influence to capture.

Did anyone look at the way feud costs are calculated and not immediately see all the ways it was exploitable?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Decius
Did anyone see the ways that it was exploitable and not immediately understand it to be "some condition, combination of actions, location, or feature that is broken or provides you an advantage you should not have due to a bug" to do any of the things under discussion?
Phyllain
aka usties don't hit as hard as they should so we should farm them all day?
Brighthaven Leader
That was everyone on the server Phyllain, a "hey since Alpha these guys are only debuffing, shouldn't they be doing damage?" A question that got put to the wayside. If I remember correctly every one of the power blocs fought them in Alpha, and everyone of them fought them after EE.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post