Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Why is influence required to PvP?

Yrme
Duffy Swiftshadow
Hopefully that will see an uptick in feuding once that other Feud bug is fixed (I hope by EE9 if not sooner).

I still think company-hopping will somewhat act as a brake on feuds, even with the changes. If you want to fight for the sake of fighting, a feud is fine. If you're trying to attack an enemy's weaker points, good luck with that - you may face the exact same characters wherever you attack.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Kitsune
Yrme
If you're trying to attack an enemy's weaker points, good luck with that - you may face the exact same characters wherever you attack.

Which begs the rhetorical question: why bother having separate companies to begin with? smile
Stilachio Thrax
Kitsune
Yrme
If you're trying to attack an enemy's weaker points, good luck with that - you may face the exact same characters wherever you attack.

Which begs the rhetorical question: why bother having separate companies to begin with? smile

The way a feud's cost is calculated- it is more expensive in terms of influence to feud a small company than it is a big company. Keep everyone in small companies so the cost to feud you is higher, and if you are feuded transfer everyone to the feuded company. Another on a long list of mechanics that are too easily gamed to circumvent developer intent and those pesky "meaningful" choices we keep getting told about but rarely see.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Kitsune
Hey, it was a rhetorical question, smile

( I know there's plenty of reasons why to have feuds be company vs company, I'm just pointing out the fact that you might as well be feuding a settlement or an alliance… at least in terms of the characters/players you'll actually be fighting )
Edam
Kitsune
Hey, it was a rhetorical question, smile

( I know there's plenty of reasons why to have feuds be company vs company, I'm just pointing out the fact that you might as well be feuding a settlement or an alliance… at least in terms of the characters/players you'll actually be fighting )

Unless you feud another company in your own settlement smile

Not sure that will ever become a thing.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I guess it could be a thing in a chaotic evil settlement ruled by might makes right
Midnight
As settlements get larger, people will get dissatisfied with their leaders or with other companies that make their lives harder.

So far, people just vote with their feet, though.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Midnight
As settlements get larger, people will get dissatisfied with their leaders or with other companies that make their lives harder.

So far, people just vote with their feet, though.

Safe to say most voting with feet has been out of the game. The game is mostly populated by long term kick starters and 15 day subs. As of last night's fire side chat, it was said that very few of the trial keys are converting to subscriptions.

I myself have 19 months left and unless they have a rethinking on their game's vision, I doubt PFO will ever have a sustainable population. They launched into EE too soon, and that mistake may not be recoverable from.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Duffy Swiftshadow
Pretty sure the trial key discussion was players talking afterwards and it was looking like we have no idea how to tell the conversion rate for our own trials beyond the first two because the system might have only really been built to handle a user having two keys to send out. I do not recall the devs stating anything at all about the state of subscriptions and when the related question came up they stuck with their policy of not saying anything specific, but did say they are currently content and they are not nearly as worried as we appear to be on the forums.
Kitsune
I'm not so worried. I think that they have enough "dedicated" or "hardcore" players to fill the gaps between their other investors, and we'll see this game come to fruition. It might look more like a ghost-town in the meantime, but once the game gets closer to release-quality, we'll start seeing the 15day-ers sticking more.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post