Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Calling All Active Settlements/Companies/Players

Tyncale
Am I the only one that loves the escalations? Sure, they need a lot of iterations still, tweaking, balancing, certain events should be made more fun and have less off the "run to some unfindable NPC every 5 mobs" thing but overal I find the idea of NPC-groups that can spill over to other hexes and battle eachother, and make things tough for the players, very fun and refreshing. Even cooler when your holdings may become endangered by them. And roamers and patrols! And Elementals not using the same camps and tents as Bandits. smile

Also, better loot (see my "one-use Shards for Enchanting" thread in the Crowdforging forum). But so far, I think they already add a lot to the gameplay.

I agree though that with the current low population they will need a lot of tuning.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tink says Stab
My opinion of PvE in the game; Take vanilla WoW Molten Core. Now take away all of the boss fights that made vanilla Molten Core bearable. Congratulations, you have PFO PvE. It is a mindless grind. We are basically just killing trash mobs for hours and hours and hours.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Stilachio Thrax
Tyncale
Am I the only one that loves the escalations?

No, you aren't the only one. As a whiteboard idea, I think they are great. As implemented, they are underwhelming.

- They are not very rewarding. Our settlement uses String Bolos Recipes as a joke currency- we have thousands of them, mostly as drops from the final bosses in the escalations around us. Not even Victory Markers are enough incentive to get people to come finish off the low T1 escalations.
- The do x, y times, then search for an NPC so you can repeat the process another 9 times events. Incredibly annoying and time wasting. If the idea was to inject some Golarion fluff into the event, that notion failed miserably. It would be better to simply require you speak to the NPC once at the beginning of the event, or, as a second best option, put the NPC in a static, easy to find location and increase the number of times you do x before seeking the NPC out.
- Event mobs that spawn in small numbers. Kill 75 of something? Sure. Only put 1-3 of something per event camp? Ok. Only spawn <6 camps at a time, spread out over the whole hex? I'm going to log and do something less frustrating.
- Starting strength for some escalations start way too high, and don't shed strength when being attacked nearly fast enough. If a group of six players tackles an escalation for a couple of hours, it should actually be reduced in strength by a fairly good amount, not a tiny fraction of the overall strength.

I like the concept of escalations, and I have no trouble putting some effort into them. But you have to make them less of a grind/chore and make that effort feel rewarded.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Tyncale
Well, I agree with all your points. Definately room for improvement there.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Cambion
To the OP::

Well well well, lots of misguided/honest passion here but then everyone is allowed an opinion. But then again this game is somewhat different , it is Crowd Forged , still probably 2.5 years from completion so for anyone who expected any different or an easy ride then that's a shame. One of the key things people can do who like being or playing in a Development Environment is contribute and test test test and also provide ideas and feedback.

As for the OP asking for Settlement/Company and Player info is a little laughable this from the Settlement that seems to think they own the North , when in the North the Companies rule and have a lot of freewill. Now that's a form of game play some of us love , most of us have our house in order and escalations are a great mechanic, not having any issues controlling what we need to and what we cant will get tweaked (as again the game is in heavy Development (Accept it)).

PvE , Politics and fun every night do we all stand around in town , no we don't we are too busy building the foundations of what may in the future be great empires or fail and fall into ruin , but its a game and that's how it goes. The variety of escalation we have is immense maybe you play in all the wrong places.

Now the OP may have issues but they are of their own creation, a little more welcome and good faith and maybe if they recruited a few more players, if you have a problem with players at the moment then that's your issue and you need to decide what to do . But one thing is for sure the North is still currently free and I don't see certain settlements as leadership material , its the companies that count for me and always will do.

Pathfinder University, (PFU)well an interesting subject and a little lame to suggest they are the cause of so many problems a little jealousy methinks that the mighty Paladin Stronghold of the North seems to have little or no charisma compared to PFU. PFU serve a purpose and try to promote the game in their own little way and good luck to them , if you wanted you could easily do a similar thing but that may take effort!!

The groups i play with are getting more active players and having fun , and contributing to a game heavy in development.
All I can say is keep contributing and submitting ideas , with Goblin works and remember years of development are ahead. Great things are never easy to achieve.

One good point the OP made was regarding players entering the game and joining a settlement as a recruit , that idea may have a lot of legs with some more thought wrapped around it.smile
Wylder
Can only speak for myself. I'm down to 4-6 hours of playing time within the last month. Game is boring, and there are better options for my time. I'm currently evaluating whether it's worth keeping the subscriptions going to collect the XP and come back in around a year just in case this game gets its feces coagulated. Got until July to make up my mind.

I like games. Tic-Tac-Toe is a game. Chess is a game. To me, PFO is more like Tic-Tac-Toe at this point and I don't know if it ever will get to the level of chess.

Agree on the influence issue. I think it's up-side-down.

For PFU, operating out of Thornkeep would make sense. I also think it would be better to allow a character to have dual membership with their home settlement/company and PFU. PFU as a competing settlement, even if everyone's an angel, is a bad idea IMHO. PFU Membership could also be tied to achievements (new ones or existing ones). Once you hit those achievements, you can graduate. Also nothing wrong if students want to stay in PFU and serve as instructors. Association doesn't need to end unless the player wants to end it.

I'm sure I've pissed off the roses and sunshine crowd for stating my opinion. Hats off to the PFU crowd for doing something instead of nothing.
Saiph the Fallen
Tyncale
Am I the only one that loves the escalations? Sure, they need a lot of iterations still, tweaking, balancing, certain events should be made more fun and have less off the "run to some unfindable NPC every 5 mobs" thing but overal I find the idea of NPC-groups that can spill over to other hexes and battle eachother, and make things tough for the players, very fun and refreshing. Even cooler when your holdings may become endangered by them. And roamers and patrols! And Elementals not using the same camps and tents as Bandits. smile

Also, better loot (see my "one-use Shards for Enchanting" thread in the Crowdforging forum). But so far, I think they already add a lot to the gameplay.

I agree though that with the current low population they will need a lot of tuning.

There is absolutely nothing to like about escalations at the moment.
Wylder
Cambion,

Who in OV pissed in your cereal? Not the first time one of your responses to an OV person seemed to me to come out of left field. Or is this an in character post? Who claims to "own the North"? Other than Golgotha, I've heard no claims. [Heard Golgotha as a goal wants/expects to "own the map", which would include the North, but the only thing I think they'll tell others to do is die, die, die. Hey, someone needs to wear the black hat.]
Tink says Stab
I'm already King in the North. Have been since before Alpha.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Bringslite
Wylder
Cambion,

Who in OV pissed in your cereal? Not the first time one of your responses to an OV person seemed to me to come out of left field. Or is this an in character post? Who claims to "own the North"? Other than Golgotha, I've heard no claims. [Heard Golgotha as a goal wants/expects to "own the map", which would include the North, but the only thing I think they'll tell others to do is die, die, die. Hey, someone needs to wear the black hat.]

I have put a bit of effort into trying to engage Cambion in some discussion, trying to understand some of the things he has posted in another forum. He did reply once, but it wasn't to answer any of the questions I had asked. That dialogue (if you can call it that) was brief and left unresolved.

During early EE, I had seen him around Guardhiem at the bank a few times and I whispered him asking the usual stuff. If I remember those right, he gave the standard responses. There didn't seem to be anything from those brief exchanges that would generate any animosity, in either of us.

There has to be something, but I am not a mind reader. My hope is that it is pure RP about alignments and clashing (in character) philosophy. If it is real, I am willing to have a private or public discussion with Cambion, wherever he likes. It is important to realize that others do not see or feel the same way about things. We all perceive things differently.

Sometimes people just don't like certain other people. Without talking it can't be changed by Ozem's or Myself.

Beyond the above, I have no idea.

The comment in his post up there
:
As for the OP asking for Settlement/Company and Player info is a little laughable this from the Settlement that seems to think they own the North , when in the North the Companies rule and have a lot of freewill.

fits with some other things that he has posted. I admit I am curious why he feels we think that way. The entire Highroad Covenant has had free and open access to travel, hunt, and harvest in Ozem's little area since day one of EE.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post