Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Calling All Active Settlements/Companies/Players

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Maybe he's a spy?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Could be. You don't think that he knows I am a spy from EQ Next, do you? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Tinkerton
I'm already King in the North. Have been since before Alpha.

That did not go all that well for the last person that claimed that title.

Though maybe being a gnome will help.
MidknightDiamond
Quijenoth Starkiller
@Midnight

The other half is the politics and people within. The "we dont want to be biased so don't recommend any company/ settlement/ alliance" approach is where PFU fails its students. A Modern University doesnt just teach you the skills then sends you on your merry way - they guide peoples future and advise on the best direction to take. You could really do with a political class once a week to keep members up to date with whats going on outside of PFU. Many smaller settlements don't have the manpower to dedicate a single recruiter so it would be nice if you where a little more proactive on this side too.

I currently run Callambea, both Beyond the Grave and Pax Aeturnum are owned by me.
All of our members are EU/UK and east coast US time based. I myself am from the UK and play from server up to about 11pm server time every day.

In order to keep this post short, You can read more about Callambea HERE.
Bold emphasis is mine, parts of the quote omitted for length.

I never said we don't recommend companies and settlements to our students, I said that we can't recommend one that we know nothing about. Knowing your main player base and play time helps a lot, but getting to know some of the people in the company will help more. We refer students to the forums all the time to look at the company lists and recruitment threads, but honestly, I prefer being able to tell them myself what I've experienced. Are my experiences going to be vary from what they might get? Possibly, but the forums themselves can be misleading.

If I had just gone by the forums when I first started playing this game I'd still believe Golgotha to be the root of all evil and to be avoided at all costs and would've likely petitioned TSV for membership as I recall how helpful I saw Nihimon being in the beginning and I liked the idea of what I read in their posts. My reality in the game has turned out completely different. Until Paizocon and meeting Deicus in person, I had a neutral to negative opinion of Phaeros given what appeared on the forums and many of my friends are in Golgotha.

I freely admit that I need to get to know the other settlements better but sadly I'm limited by time. Sometimes I can play when others are on and active, sometimes I cannot. And while I am slowly working my way across the map to get to know more people it's just not as fast as others (and myself) would like it to be. It is what it is and I'm only human. I imagine my fellow Faculty members have encountered similar roadblocks.

I'd like to talk and connect with more people in game, I'd love it if people PM'd me in game or on Paizo just to talk - just to tell me what they're looking for in a company (for students), what they're looking for in members (for companies and settlements). Or even just to talk and connect. The time differences in some places makes it difficult for our current schedule but I'd be willing to bet that if we get enough people willing, enough interest that we could run a separate set of classes for people in those time windows. Heck, I almost never get to the classes myself because I play very late at night (at least late by Pacific standards), so it'd benefit me as well.

I want to see our students go to every corner of the map. It's as simple as that in the end.

As for your idea on a politics class… Absolutely Brilliant! Help us find someone that knows the politics of the server well enough to give a class on it and we'll get Foxglove to work a slot for it. I would love to sit in on such a class and I think all of the Faculty should in order to get better acquainted with the politics. I actually think it'd be awesome to have another debate like the one Hoff set up months ago just to see how things have changed since then.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm pro-debate every six months or so, that sounds like a good little refresher to have from time to time.
Baron Malthius
Edam
Now in the future there may be more meaningful stuff to do while in the settlement, maybe watch tournament style duels and gamble on them with other players? Who knows. But for now there is nothing much to do standing in town except spam general chat. The only reason you see people in town at all is the vault system and trading is so clunky it takes half an hour to sort stuff and trade it between companies.

I would be all for this. Not only will a sort of Colosseum type area be a good place for people who want honor duels to go, but the gambling ring would give currency more purpose. We need other things to do with our money and something like this would be good.

That, and any company that wants to run one can be the organizer and the enforcer. I certainly would jump at the chance to do something like that.
Baron Malthius
MidknightDiamond
As for your idea on a politics class… Absolutely Brilliant! Help us find someone that knows the politics of the server well enough to give a class on it and we'll get Foxglove to work a slot for it. I would love to sit in on such a class and I think all of the Faculty should in order to get better acquainted with the politics. I actually think it'd be awesome to have another debate like the one Hoff set up months ago just to see how things have changed since then.
I would be interested to see how this pans out. Although, it would depend on who taught it and how it was taught. Any single person who would lecture on something like this will eventually bring their own bias with them. How can it be assured that it will all be presented from a neutral point of view? If that is not possible, can we ensure that the various range of views on the current politics will be represented in an honest and respectful manner?

My concern would be that the class would devolve into either a bitter argument or a propaganda plug. If that can be avoided I would be more than happy to sit in on that.
Duffy Swiftshadow
The last debate went pretty smoothly, but I could see an individual doing a class letting things get out of hand a bit. If you kept it as a high level survey type thing it might be manageable. I don't think it could be a super regular thing without getting bogged down into weekly stuff which can bring up all the bias you'd wanna keep out of it.

I did start piecing together an idea for an organized PvP 'league' with seasons and brackets, but with the advent of Feuding and the removal of open PvP hexes that kinda became ridiculously hard to do. Maybe they'll add something in the future to allow it. Would be cool, more so if it's a fighting pit building choice or something.
Daeglin
Unfortunately, as long as PFU faculty are members of other settlements as well, regardless of which settlement, the criticism of bias and stealth recruiting will persist. Hopefully someday PFU will have enough exclusive instructors that those criticisms will no longer apply.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Pffft bias? Last I heard the League is the only non-PFU faculty group lecturing every single week (two different nights no less) and we haven't gotten a single recruit via PFU. Where you hearing this bias? (Or do you mean this thread?)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post