Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Calling All Active Settlements/Companies/Players

Drogon
Fallow the need to be fixed ASAP or dial the hourly uptick back on the current escalations and turn off the home hex generators…..being discussed in the game bug forums already……

Too much grind for the current server population….getting very tedious and not leaving time for other content.

PVP mechanics also need to fixed and I agree with OP that influence should be able to be farmed by veteran characters easier than new players….

PFU is needed, maybe alter the way their influence gets banked…1st company outside of PFU commons settlement gets thier accumulated influence
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
I agree with OP that influence should be able to be farmed by veteran characters easier than new players
People keep saying this, but why? What reason does it need to be that way, other than people want it?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Stilachio Thrax
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
I agree with OP that influence should be able to be farmed by veteran characters easier than new players
People keep saying this, but why? What reason does it need to be that way, other than people want it?

It cuts down on the gaming of the influence system by creating a 1000pt alt, quickly knocking out low-hanging fruit achievements, deleting alt and repeat. If for no other reason, this is why.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Stilachio Thrax
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon

It cuts down on the gaming of the influence system by creating a 1000pt alt, quickly knocking out low-hanging fruit achievements, deleting alt and repeat. If for no other reason, this is why.
Because instead they can do it without putting in that little bit of effort?

What if, instead, we worked toward: Characters with less than 10k xp (4 days) earn no influence and can't participate in feuds?
Stilachio Thrax
Caldeathe Baequiannia
What if, instead, we worked toward: Characters with less than 10k xp (4 days) earn no influence and can't participate in feuds?

I'd back that.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I'd rather see Characters who aren't Training XP earn no Influence.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Eventually your population will be mostly stable and you'll depend on vets for all influence generation. The question is what rate is appropriate? That requires the answers to several questions I posted earlier. Clearly people feel that right now it's too slow to accomplish their goals, is that a side effect of not enough active people for the caps we have? Not enough reliable sources of influence that isn't PvE grinding? Is it just to slow? Is it a negative feedback loop right now that should be loosened a bit by lower influence costs and then increased back to normal once the population is up and stable?

Need to discuss what you want to see happen before you can discuss solutions.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Eventually your population will be mostly stable and you'll depend on vets for all influence generation.
A stable population should not be the result of the same people being the only players. It should be new people replacing those that leave at the same rate.
Flea
Nihimon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I'd rather see Characters who aren't Training XP earn no Influence.

I would be okay with this if that wouldn't screw with DT account holders. Can't train the third possible character at all if you have a DT(unless this has been changed).
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Eventually your population will be mostly stable and you'll depend on vets for all influence generation.
A stable population should not be the result of the same people being the only players. It should be new people replacing those that leave at the same rate.

If the 'veteran status' for influence generation is about 2-3 months when influence becomes 'hard' to get, I think the idea that the entire character population will be rolling over every few months months is probably not accurate. Not to mention it assumes even distribution across all companies for them to remain competitive. If getting constant new recruits is required in the long run you could have a decent sized group become stagnant regardless of actual meta capabilities and organizational skills. Most likely that would affect medium or small sized companies the worst and barely be noticeable by the bigger ones.

They should never base a core resource feature around such a nebulous, unpredictable, and uncontrollable concept as new players continually joining the game. Besides that almost sounds like a pyramid scheme.

**Not saying influence generation is currently a problem, still investigating it in game, just responding to speculation.**

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post