Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quick question about servers and launch

LostOcean
Will this game only have one server its entire life? as in, the one thats up and running right now will be the one new players join when this game launches?
Edam
The game does not run on just one server.

It is a cluster of servers with each server covering a hex.
LostOcean
so its kind of like a megaserver?
Edam
I do not know the technical details but there have been blogs and threads about it.

I think it is more like a server farm than a cluster as such. The servers hand off clients to each other as players cross hex boundaries. This handover has been the cause of a few issues in game when crossing to a new hex. Exactly what the specs of the individual servers are or how many are involved, I have no idea.
LostOcean
alright thank you for the info smile
Tyncale
One world, yes. And lots of hardware. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Edam
Tyncale
One world, yes. And lots of hardware. smile

That link is about Zog which is the current test server not the current game server.

It is a single shard world on a multi-server platform. This post on Piazo by Ryan about 6 months ago might help explain part of the issues.
Tyncale
Yes, I know, just wanted to post a pic of some GW Hardware.

I always liked these pics also. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Kitsune
And those are just Zog. The Live servers are theoretically much beefier than some "cheap" SuperMicro servers on a rack. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post