Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

PVP is Bullying

Nihimon
syllvenwood
90% of all pvp I have seen in the 20some years I have been playing is vastly superior characters spam killing people that don't have a chance of defending themselves. It makes any game hardly enjoyable, these people get off on making others miserable and they are defended by others. It is done with absolutely no sense within the scope of the game being played but purely to goad, humiliate and make others experience in the game as horrid as possible. This is absolutely a form of cyber bullying that is marketed and defended

+1

The thing that made me really hopeful about PvP in PFO was Ryan's obvious comprehension of that, and his obvious desire to avoid it in PFO.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Nihimon
syllvenwood
90% of all pvp I have seen in the 20some years I have been playing is vastly superior characters spam killing people that don't have a chance of defending themselves. It makes any game hardly enjoyable, these people get off on making others miserable and they are defended by others. It is done with absolutely no sense within the scope of the game being played but purely to goad, humiliate and make others experience in the game as horrid as possible. This is absolutely a form of cyber bullying that is marketed and defended

+1

The thing that made me really hopeful about PvP in PFO was Ryan's obvious comprehension of that, and his obvious desire to avoid it in PFO.

+1

This is such a great thing about this game that it really has come together so well to avoid that negative sort of PvP. I've seen it very rarely and it has only ever been supported in any way by one group in game and personally I find that to be extremely encouraging overall.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Avari
Get over yourself Rynnik. You are not a positive force for this community by hounding your opponents every post and trying to drag every single thread into the same topic. That's trolling and there are other topics the community would like to discuss
Rynnik
Avari
Get over yourself Rynnik. You are not a positive force for this community by hounding your opponents every post and trying to drag every single thread into the same topic. That's trolling and there are other topics the community would like to discuss

He says… Coming into the conversation specifically to try and troll me.

Read what I posted. It is 100% on topic, and I happen to be an extremely positive community force as a matter of fact. Get over yourself.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Phyllain
Avari

This is literally what decius does. Every post I make trying to crowd forging something he shows up and says don't do that thing Phy is a cheater. It's quite annoying.
Tink says Stab
Yeah, it's kind of the regular thing. Though it seems to happen less to me now. I think Nihimon figured out that I'm not always trying to burn the game to the ground.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Nihimon
Tinkerton
Yeah, it's kind of the regular thing. Though it seems to happen less to me now. I think Nihimon figured out that I'm not always trying to burn the game to the ground.

I can't imagine why anyone would get the impression you guys can't make a post without dragging us into it…
Tink says Stab
When the topic on hand is retributive shit posting, I'm going to use examples of retributive shit posting. Remember that whole "consumables shouldn't have EPow" thread where you basically said that you didn't believe my suggestions were valid because I'm a big mean meanie who wants to ruin the game?

However that hasn't happened for a few months, at least between you and I. I assumed that it was because you noticed that the things I post are regularly fairly reasonable. At least when it comes to balance/game mechanics.
Nihimon
Tink, maybe the best way to stop the retributive shit posting is to, you know, stop the retributive shit posting. I would suggest not mentioning anyone by name unless you're actually talking to them.

Tinkerton
Remember that whole "consumables shouldn't have EPow" thread where you basically said that you didn't believe my suggestions were valid because I'm a big mean meanie who wants to ruin the game?

I'm pretty sure I've never said you wanted to ruin the game. I know I've said "I can imagine Tink being a lot of fun to play with". Is there maybe just a little bit of a possibility that you read too much into whatever I said in that thread?

I had a bit of an epiphany about this the other day. It's like those Facebook posts you see where there's a jumble of letters and numbers but it's pretty easy to read it saying "If you can read this, you have a really strong mind, yada, yada". Our brains are really good at taking shortcuts to build up a message from the signals coming in, and our expectations can completely overpower the actual signal.
Tink says Stab
That's actually fair. I went back and looked at what you said, and the particulars of the post were that I act against your group, and your groups' allies, not the game in a general sense. So I apologise for implying otherwise. I agree that both sides have probably built up something of an echo chamber, within which otherwise innocuous posts are instead seen as inflammatory.

(Edit: and also apologies if you feel that by invoking your name I was trying to imply a lack of character on your side. My intent was actually the opposite; that you can be perfectly reasonable when presented with evidence that I am doing my best to do the same)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post