Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Would You Object to GW Dropping the Box Fee?

Mbando
Not saying GWS should–I don't know where point "C" on the curve is for their revenue stream. I just mean, if GW decided it would be a smart move to drop the box fee, would you feel ripped off or be mad about it?

I wouldn't–whatever makes the most sense now works for me.
A member of Ozem's Vigil, home to servants of Iomedae and her coming Paladins.
Gromzok
As someone that bought it less than a month ago i would be totally for dropping box price if it means more players will come to this fantastic game.
Rynnik
I think they should raise it so they make more money each time someone starts the game. smile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Smitty
If they keep it, they need to create a EE account in which a player just pays a sub during EE and then can upgrade to the full game by adding the box price when they hit OE.

Other than that they should drop it (especially while its in EE)..
Wylder
I see no reason to place any barriers to entry into the game. It really boils down to $15, which is the same as one month of play time.

Their focus should be on making a game people want to log on and play, then add all the complex systems, settlements, factions, etc. More people subscribed and playing means more revenue. Keeping a player subscribed for one additional month is the eqiivalent of adding a new player. It then becomes an argument over potential new players versus actual existing players. Ideally you want both. So content, at least to me, wins out over marketing strategy.
Giorgio
I have no objections.

I would also encourage the 15 day trail be changed to a 30 day trail period, which is more reasonable.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Bringslite
Here is what I posted about that, over there.

I also have concerns that changing up the entry gate will alienate those backers. Then I remember that I would much rather see the game take off with new blood and succeed than see it fail because I couldn't get my head around a difference of $30.

Here is a link to that thread: MMORPG I am all for dropping the box fee if that is possible (for GW), would temper PR, and increase the player base. I feel the same about adjusting the sub fee in any way that also accomplishes these results. It would be nice if already spent free months and sub fees could be adjusted to equality (in such a case), but also not a big deal (to me) to just let it go. I have already gotten more than my $$$'s worth in entertainment from any free or paid months so far.

This is the first thing that this guy has posted that is not twisted beyond all reason… or at least mostly not. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
$30 for an entry cost that includes one month seems like it would discourage more people than $15 that includes one month- but how many months would the discouraged players have subbed?

There's a market research and segmentation problem that I don't have the knowledge to do even if I had the data.
Tuoweit
A lower barrier to entry is also a lower barrier to leaving, psychologically. Someone who DOES buy in is (IMO) more likely to put some effort into it and stick around or at least come back later to give it another try, since they feel they've already got some skin in the game.

I think that at this stage the game needs long-term invested players (who will learn the game systems and provide *informed* feedback, and possibly becoming evangelists themselves) more than it needs a larger, cycling mass of less-invested players who dabble for a month and leave again never to return. But I have no experience in the MMO business.
PFU Hoffman
Dropping the box price is a good idea.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post