Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Would You Object to GW Dropping the Box Fee?

BlackDog
I think it would work better if we had the 15 day trial (OR LESS) based on time on the server. In a beta access game, it usually gets better as time goes by, so I may not login, patch, etc.. but a small percentage of those days. For example, I downloaded, saw the startup screen, made a character, then changed the resolution from windowed to non-windowed and crashed for 2 days straight. I finally un-borked it. This was 2 days of dead time not playing. This way people could pop in, see the progress being made, and make more of a longterm choice.

My mini-review after playing for an hour: Combat sucks, minimal options as a starting toon, cant zoom in past my own head for a FPS RP immersion view. I started out in a town somewhere, spent points on skills/feats, then hit the woods until I got mauled. I can find my body but its pretty useless to loot if the same guys who laughed at your death are still hovering over your corpse. Then I discovered I was lost in the woods with no idea how to go to the settlement I started in. Now I realize there is some way to figure this out, but it was all counter-intuitive to me. Even hitting M and mapping out, I cpuldn't see a "village".

I have playtested several alpha/beta games, this could be fun if some of the best ideas from other MMOs are incorporated.
I will give it a run for the two weeks and see if its worth crowdsource funding, $15 seems steep for a game in alphabeta.
Bringslite
With your world map up, zoom it at least one time "in" with the minus button. A "Hex Details" button will appear on the upper right of the world map. Click that and settlement/town names will appear as well as other details.

There is still a lot that is not intuitive. It is getting better, but having someone or a group that knows some stuff (help you) really helps with that.

I am all for a 30 day trial rather than a 15 day trial. A 15 day "total" trial doesn't sound as good. The exp system gives 100 exp per hour, logged in or not. That would make things a bit weird.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidknightDiamond
The movement and class tutorials, which No One seems to be completing… does actually explain the map and how to get the hex details button on it.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Lokai
Think the better idea is to go the guild wars and secret world route, have a normal box fee but no subscription fee, this seems to be the direction future mmo's are heading, at least in the west. People are not keen on sub fees much anymore, frankly i like sub fees as i get all the content and none of the bull, but i dont think people are going to buy into a subscription fee for this game or any game.
Locke
You seem to be arguing in this thread and the other that pay no money until it is triple A. If you don't want to pay, OK. Don't tell me what to do with my money.
Lokai
MidknightDiamond
The movement and class tutorials, which No One seems to be completing… does actually explain the map and how to get the hex details button on it.

Might be because they break pretty easy, i couldn't complete the tutorials it kept saying buy an armor feat when i'm a wziard role? so i did buy one and it still didn't progress at all… again beta is beta but, asking people to pay for a product isn't done/ready… which is in and of itself worrysome…
MidknightDiamond
Lokai
MidknightDiamond

Might be because they break pretty easy, i couldn't complete the tutorials it kept saying buy an armor feat when i'm a wziard role? so i did buy one and it still didn't progress at all… again beta is beta but, asking people to pay for a product isn't done/ready… which is in and of itself worrysome…
That's probably because you were doing the fighter training tutorial - each class had one and if you picked up one you wanted then you could easily drop it. It ALSO says in the tutorial that if you already have a feat, or don't need a feat then you can purchase ANY OTHER FEAT to progress the tutorial. And hey, they offer Hit Points 1 for 1 whole xp and I think Hit Points 2 was only like 2 or 8. And then there was Power 1 which was cheap… plenty of USEFUL options to progress the tutorials.

I do agree, and I've posted it in the bug section that it needs to be made more clear to start with the movement tutorial first… BUT, it's very obvious to me that people simply aren't even bothering talking to any of the npcs, or all of them at the camps.

I'm PFU, I spend a LOT Of my paid time in this game helping out new players and I have been told on several occasions that I must have the patience of a saint for some of the things I'll help people out on, but I have no sympathy for people that won't ask for help, or just flat out won't read what's in front of them.

People skip the new player guide and it's awesome, they don't talk to NPC's for the tutorial, don't read ALL of the tutorial text… they're being lazy… and THEN have the nerve to complain that it's broken or impossible.

I think not.

This is a sandbox, you cannot come into this game with preconceptions of how it SHOULD work because you've played X, Y, or Z game. It doesn't work that way. The controls and commands are different, so what? It doesn't take that long to learn and there are resources to teach that including other players.

No excuses for not asking and not trying. None.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post