Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE v9 TEST SERVER Release Notes

Edam
This is a PvP driven change to keep people locked in melee ?

Will the cooldon apply to all evade types simultaneously or will you be able to cycle through different types ?
Tink says Stab
Edam
This is a PvP driven change to keep people locked in melee ?

When I suggested that Charge effects have a cooldown added, it was actually intended to do the opposite. Gore having an effectively 0 second cooldown means that a Spear fighter can stay in melee range permanently. The other weapons have similar charges that let them do the same thing.

We are encountering the first instance of PvP vs PvE balancing. Something that is balanced in PvE might be horribly broken for the PvP aspects of the game. Something that is balanced in PvP might be horribly broken for the PvE aspects of the game. Every single game with PvP in the existence of MMOs has run into this problem. It will be interesting to see how the developers react.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyncale
Other games have solved this by having the same Spell or Skill do different things when applied to an NPC or PC.

It seems that for quit a few skills(DPS skills, buffs, debuffs) this would not be hard to implement (target recognized by server as NPC, stun or immobilize lasts longer), however in some cases this would probably be more complicated, like for cooldowns.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Drogon
I agree, parting shot just started working again for me and I leveled it up on my DT. If you put a extra long cool down on it now I feel like I have wasted experience…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Duffy Swiftshadow
Balance is balance, having a spammable charge/evade move is bad for balance regardless of PvE or PvP. Don't forget rooting on ranged is a temporary thing, if range is still considered 'too' strong with that hinderance and having the low CD evades ammo isn't gonna solve the problem that much unless you can only carry half a dozen arrows.
Takasi
Rooting may be a temporary thing but it's still a thing, and as you mentioned we also have ammunition coming. I don't think the current no cooldown evades are 'too' strong. The notes say it was 'crowdforged', but the only thing I can see is for melee charge attacks which are not the same category. Unless charge attacks also require rooting during the attack animation I don't think they should both be lumped into the same category.

Was this done for easier programming? Is it easier to put a blanket '20m attack movements = 12 s cooldown' across the board?

PvP and PvE balance is also a different issue. As far as I can tell no matter how many stacks of freedom or mind blank you have on you there is no way to prevent a PvE stunlock. Mobs can spam stunlocks with zero conditional setups and no cooldown; this does not happen in PvP.
Daeglin
I would love to be able to see numerical values for stacks on me. It would certainly make testing Freedom and Mindblank easier.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Jokken
Daeglin
I would love to be able to see numerical values for stacks on me. It would certainly make testing Freedom and Mindblank easier.

I'm with Daeglin on this. If it is the general opinion that numerical stack indicators would break immersion or cause things to be too cluttered, why not make them show on the character sheet?
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Tyncale
Would be nice if Mindblank/freedom were shown at all, as a buff. This has been in the pipeline for months now. Same for the Oblivious debuff which is a pretty important debuff(dozens of skills and expendables apply it) but does not currently show on targets. Immobilize and knockdowns/back working would be nice too on mobs. Combat log! Oh, and tabs in the bank windows. And the Tier-tabs working in the crafting UI.

I am hoping for some of that stuff in this "polish" patch.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
Takasi
Rooting may be a temporary thing but it's still a thing, and as you mentioned we also have ammunition coming. I don't think the current no cooldown evades are 'too' strong. The notes say it was 'crowdforged', but the only thing I can see is for melee charge attacks which are not the same category. Unless charge attacks also require rooting during the attack animation I don't think they should both be lumped into the same category.

Was this done for easier programming? Is it easier to put a blanket '20m attack movements = 12 s cooldown' across the board?

PvP and PvE balance is also a different issue. As far as I can tell no matter how many stacks of freedom or mind blank you have on you there is no way to prevent a PvE stunlock. Mobs can spam stunlocks with zero conditional setups and no cooldown; this does not happen in PvP.

Gonna say it again: Crowdforging is not necessarily a voting process. Someone pointed out charging was overpowered, therefore the Devs looked at it and agreed, however it seems they also decided Evades were in a similar position and adjusted that too. They are free to make changes without our input, accept ideas from us, ignore ideas from us, or expand upon ideas from us as part of Crowdforging. It is not a popularity contest, it's informed decisions made by the development team while keeping their overarching intent and vision.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post