Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

I made a video about my opinions of this game :)

Caldeathe Baequiannia
heroguides
Soo all this text is just saying that in your eyes GW isn't making a true sandbox game that will allow players to do what they want.
If your definition of sandbox is that anyone can do whatever they want, whenever they want, then you are correct, it isn't that.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
heroguides
TLDR we totally de-railed this chick's thread lol. sRY
I'm not sure how one derails a thread that has "my opinions of the game" in the title.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Ryan Dancey
@LostOcean - I want to thank you for making this video. You clearly put a lot of time into it and your production values were great. We are just starting a very long journey and it will be amazing to look back at this in a few years and marvel at how far we ventured.
Oldtimer
I just want to kill haulers and people doing PVE content. You know keep the sheep population in check.
Just the guys who cant put up much of a fight?
Tink says Stab
Yes. You say that like he is going to come to some great realisation,

"My god, I'm killing people who can't fight back!"

Some people enjoy that. Some people enjoy the hunt itself. For much the same reason that some people enjoy hunting in real life. Personally, I prefer when my target tries to stab me back. But I will agree that the current tower warfare doesn't hit the PvP itch that I'm looking for. Especially now that we are back to the clusterfuck method of tower warfare.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Zycor
-_–_–_–_-
LostOcean
heroguides
I made a response. I am not a liked person within the community because I am considered to be a griefer, since I like to pk. I've been met with some pretty toxic tones from people who don't like PVP or me supporting it. They even reported me for harassment for discussing it in general chat. This game has lots of potential, you should play it longer before making a review (that's what I'm doing). I'm sort of biased because I love sandbox games, you just have to remember we are the ones directing the builders of the playground (sort of).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y2F-bQQWqo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW790B_Ox_4
Thanks for taking the time to make that Hero. I agree with you on the bit about the offline skill training possibly being problematic.

a couple things though, I didn't call archeage a sandbox smile I said, similar to how archeage has traderuns, pathfinder also has traderuns. It was the only game that came to mind when I thought of them lol.

As far as the pvp goes, how I described it is how it's described officially on pathfinder's site smile If that's inaccurate then they should look into that lol

Anyways, indeed I am a noob, this was basically just a first impressions piece smile
LostOcean
Ryan Dancey
@LostOcean - I want to thank you for making this video. You clearly put a lot of time into it and your production values were great. We are just starting a very long journey and it will be amazing to look back at this in a few years and marvel at how far we ventured.

Thanks smile Later on in this game's life I'll definitely take a look at it again, I'm really curious to see how this game ends up turning out
Bringslite
@ LostOcean

Well if you are a noob, at least you did your research before you made that video. It came across that you knew many more of the details than several other reviews I have watched. You gave it a fair shake.

Well Done.

@ heroguides

Nothing wrong with your video. It was pretty good. Obviously you are familiar with the game, as well. Clearly it is a review for players that like zero reigns on PVP and that is also fine.

I look at it kinda like this:

Two different markets at the extreme ends of the PVP question. Those players that pretty much want none or at least none that is unexpected. Then there are those (on the other end) that want PVP without any consequences at all. Both are too extreme to attract any (at least not many) from the other's market.

New idea. Make something sort of in the middle. Each side needs to make tradeoffs for it to work.

The "no PVP" crowd has to be willing to play in a game where they can literally be attacked anywhere. They know that there will be nerfs for any that kill randomly and too often. They have to accept that there isn't a complaint department when they get killed. Not unless GW rules it as griefing. Very little PVP that you describe is looked at as "against the rules".

The "yes PVP" crowd has to be willing to play in a game where it is ok and completely possible to kill players for any reason, but too much will restrict their progress for a little while. They know that there will also be free PVP through factions, feuds, and wars. So, some extra targets that cost zero reputation loss.

I get that you just don't want any restrictions on when, where, or who you PVP. Guess what? There aren't any restrictions! smile

Just consequences.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
The game is really being designed to balance the scales, no direct player against player action is free it will cost you something mechanically speaking. You have to decide if the costs outweighs the benefits, something that is usually more the burden of the defender in MMOs. It's the only way to balance out the inherent advantage an aggressor has in a game where you get back up after you fall down. Clearly it's working since you and others of a similar inclination dislike how much it slows you down and people who usually avoid these games are PvPing.

Not liking the game for those properties is fine, but it's not inherently wrong for them either.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post