Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crowd forging Faction PvP

Duffy Swiftshadow
I think I like all of it Lee, the unlock event is a little meh but it depends on specifics, if it had some neat bonus for doing a good job or even a small fluff reward it could be cool.

I especially like the approach to settlement buildings and holdings.
Tyncale
Thanks, Lee. I hope the Faction gear will also be crafted, need to keep those crafters into the loop. smile

Would certain Achievements maybe earn you ranks in a certain faction? Like, I dunno, having slain 10000 Moloch Knights….. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Nihimon
Lee, can you give us some idea of the kinds of systems you're imagining for getting kicked out of a Faction, etc.?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tagnar
What I want from the factions:

I want to be able to make an RP decision based on my character's perspective to join a faction. I hope that the rewards/costs are balanced enough I don't feel the need to min-max my decision in an out of character way.

Honestly I want a Dwarven faction like the Ninth Battalion to join. I am a Dwarf and we have a whole group of people that play Dwarves that want to distinguish themselves.

I want to be able to work my way up in ranks getting SOMETHING back as I rank up that distinguishes me from other people outside the faction (like special gear or even just armor/weapon skins, or special faction specific title, something that can be seen)

I want settlements or companies to have the ability to show their majority faction allegiance through custom buildings or npcs)

I want the risks and rewards of being pvp flagged once a decision is made.

I also want the ability to rescind my choice and join a different faction. I would expect to lose all rewards I had and lose any time/exp I invested in the faction thus far.

(#TL;DR- Make faction choice visually noticeable and the decision a meaningful risk vs reward decision)
Tagnar, Ironbreaker of Forgeholm
High Priest of Abadar
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Nihimon
Lee, can you give us some idea of the kinds of systems you're imagining for getting kicked out of a Faction, etc.?

In Fallen Earth, if you started to gain points in an opposing faction, your own faction would deal less and less with you. At a certain point, they woukd turn on you, because you had become part of the enemy faction. The faction system, next to the crafting system, in Fallen Earth was the best I have seen in a sandbox MMO. Factions in FE also had unique missions, skills, equipment and titles. Factions were heavily Role Played as well. FE also had one if the best player communities I've had the pleasure of playing in as well.

Bludd Cleaver (CHOTA)
Sergeant-at-Arms
Iron Sights Motorcycle Club
"Ride Hard, Kill Freely"
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Edam
OK worked it out.
Avari
Wouldn't mind if alignments and npc factions are a copy/paste of Fallen Earth. It's a second level conflict under the player made factions so it's fine as a retread system that was popular and very good.
Giorgio
For factions I want to see as much of the Pathfinder Golarion lore make an appearance, as per the Pathfinder Chronicles Faction Guide book, and have an real impact in the game world. More "Golarion" and less "Generic D&D".

I would not like to see a "we must keep all factions artificially balanced" that remains the same no matter what the players do or accomplish. I want Factions to have a direct impact on the world and change it. If the bandits get out of hands, the Hellknights start building their strength and turn Golgotha into a Fortress Headquarters, the Mendev Crusaders create a presence and the cult of Cthulhu drive everyone insane, even better. Make the players work for their factions success and give free reign to slaughter their factions enemies!

And yes, I would like to see Forgeholm be host to a detachment of the Ninth Battalion. The sooner the better. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Rynnik
Giorgio
For factions I want to see as much of the Pathfinder Golarion lore make an appearance, as per the Pathfinder Chronicles Faction Guide book, and have an real impact in the game world. More "Golarion" and less "Generic D&D".

I would not like to see a "we must keep all factions artificially balanced" that remains the same no matter what the players do or accomplish. I want Factions to have a direct impact on the world and change it. If the bandits get out of hands, the Hellknights start building their strength and turn Golgotha into a Fortress Headquarters, the Mendev Crusaders create a presence and the cult of Cthulhu drive everyone insane, even better. Make the players work for their factions success and give free reign to slaughter their factions enemies!

And yes, I would like to see Forgeholm be host to a detachment of the Ninth Battalion. The sooner the better. smile
In your ideal view would factions be mandatory then? I'm just kinda reading between the lines on this because it never crossed my mind Golgotha might be forced into a Hellknights affiliation without opting into it.

I personally hope that WOULDN'T be the case.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I don't think it's implied that membership would be mandatory, but it's been suggested that having a large number of a faction in your settlement might lead to the creation of buildings that might or might not cost the settlement anything, provide extra features, and may, or may not, be controllable. I can easily imagine* a Hellknight headquarter building going up in a settlement without much input from the rulership.

* Assuming that there are lots of hellknights in the settlement.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post