Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat 6/10 with Goblinworks Bob, Hosted by Phyllain

Jokken
I would like an in depth explanation of PVE mobs that spam a stun lock and how stacks of freedom and mind blank interact in those circumstances. We can stack to 100 stacks without breaking this stun. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Also, I've noticed that Pino has not recorded the last few of these chats. I, and I'm sure several other interested folks, have a time conflict that generally keeps me from attending these chats live. I look forward to listening to them off YouTube every Thursday. I want to thank Pino for the effort he has put forth in this endeavor. If future chats are not going to be recorded on his feed, would anyone mind if someone else started recording them?
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Quijenoth
Jokken
Also, I've noticed that Pino has not recorded the last few of these chats. I, and I'm sure several other interested folks, have a time conflict that generally keeps me from attending these chats live. I look forward to listening to them off YouTube every Thursday. I want to thank Pino for the effort he has put forth in this endeavor. If future chats are not going to be recorded on his feed, would anyone mind if someone else started recording them?

+1
Rynnik
Jokken
I would like an in depth explanation of PVE mobs that spam a stun lock and how stacks of freedom and mind blank interact in those circumstances. We can stack to 100 stacks without breaking this stun. Is this a bug or working as intended?
You don't need Bob for that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/207cnor1bfb47v6/Combat_Guide.pdf

Quote from the combat guide:
Hit Success Factor

The magnitude of the Freedom or Mind Blank stack is applied to the Total Defense Value as a Miscellaneous Bonus for the purpose of recalculating the Hit Success Factor to determine the magnitude of the Buff or Debuff being applied which required the recalculation.
Freedom and Mind Blank aren't like 'Shrug Off' or something similar and don't on their own constitute a requirement to recalculate a hit success factor. Once you are stunned you can stack freedom to 100 all you like and it won't make a difference since the stun is already calculated. Apply freedom BEFORE you get stunned and it will add to your total defense value against that stun and increase the likelihood of it being stepped down or being rendered ineffective all together (through margin of failure reduction).
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
PFU Hoffman
We are looking for a new volunteer for recording if anyone is interested. Pino has some real life that is in the way. smile
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Tink says Stab
If I am there I will record it (it really isn't difficult), but I can't promise that I will be.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Jokken
Rynnik
Quote from the combat guide:
Hit Success Factor

The magnitude of the Freedom or Mind Blank stack is applied to the Total Defense Value as a Miscellaneous Bonus for the purpose of recalculating the Hit Success Factor to determine the magnitude of the Buff or Debuff being applied which required the recalculation.
Freedom and Mind Blank aren't like 'Shrug Off' or something similar and don't on their own constitute a requirement to recalculate a hit success factor. Once you are stunned you can stack freedom to 100 all you like and it won't make a difference since the stun is already calculated. Apply freedom BEFORE you get stunned and it will add to your total defense value against that stun and increase the likelihood of it being stepped down or being rendered ineffective all together (through margin of failure reduction).

You cannot prevent the stun coming from chain stunning mobs atm. Not when applied as preventative, nor after the effect to prevent the next application of the chain stun. Stunning mobs would appear to have a 100% success rate to stun. You are allowed out of stun when the mob runs out of stamina to recast. When applying Bulwark, a token of mind blank, and a token of freedom before pull you should have 100 stacks of each and you get stunned 100% of the time on pull if targeted. This seems a bit odd and figured that Bob could clarify.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Tigari
Are you sure your getting the full stacks? Using Bulwark without keywords (which don't work right now) and t1 tokens ( I'm assuming that's what your using, sorry if I'm wrong) won't give u the full effect if your in t2 gear ( making another assumtion) because tour EPRO would be higher then the Epow
Tigari
Phone double posted
Takasi
Are you actually seeing it to work in PvE Tigari? I'm not seeing it with Battle Rage and Liberation either. I'd love to see someone run through a purple group and get away from 5 prelates or senior archeologists without seeing any stuns, but so far I haven't. The other issue I have is that the stuns can be repeated without any type of conditional setups.

I know Goblinworks doesn't believe in incremental design changes, so when casters were too 'easy' they took drastic measures to correct this. Maybe it's time they revisit them again, especially if they're going to put universal cooldowns on abilities like evade that are designed to help players get out of combat.
Rynnik
Jokken
You cannot prevent the stun coming from chain stunning mobs atm.
Yes you can.

Try this: take off your armour and run into a group of wolves. Repeat the experiment with 100 stacks of freedom. Put on T2 + 3 armour with matching feat and run into a group of wolves. Repeat with 100 stacks of freedom.

It works. It may not work as well as you are imagining it should or maybe want it to but that is a balance, not a bug, discussion.

I don't think the balance intent is that any amount of freedom or Effect Protection will make you immune to stuns from red and purple mobs. If they did it would be another design decision against grouping for higher end PvE.

Takasi
Are you actually seeing it to work in PvE Tigari? I'm not seeing it with Battle Rage and Liberation either. I'd love to see someone run through a purple group and get away from 5 prelates or senior archeologists without seeing any stuns, but so far I haven't. The other issue I have is that the stuns can be repeated without any type of conditional setups.
As above yes it does work in PvE or rng is doing a damn good job simulating similar effects.

Why would you think there is EVER an intent to run through 5 purple (highest in the game) level mobs and not get stunned though? Even with T3 + 3 level Effect Protection and 100 freedom I would expect the devs wouldn't want that to happen.

Of course the stuns can be repeated since you are talking about the highest end of mobs in the game.

Seriously try this out with white and yellow wolves and you will quickly see that freedom and effect protection are definitely not bugged in game right now.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post